Saving America is About “Breaking the Cycle…”

cycleMy Facebook friend, Andrea Silva Rod, shared a link with me last night that absolutely blew me away. The link was to a short article posted in Freedom Torch and contained a quote that would seem to be an accurate depiction of America, albeit some 200+ years later.

I’d like to share the quote now because if you read it thoroughly and understand it, it is very frightening:

“A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist only up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury.

From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship.

The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations from the beginning of history has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

From Bondage to spiritual faith;

From spiritual faith to great courage;

From courage to libertytytler2

From liberty to abundance;

From abundance to complacency;

From complacency to apathy;

From apathy to dependence;

From dependence back into bondage.”

-Alexander Fraser Tytler, Lord Woodhouselee (October 15, 1747 – January 5, 1813

It’s a really heavy quote. Don’t be afraid to read it two or three times to let it sink in. My question to all of you is simple. Are you willing to let the words of a Scotsman from over 200 years ago become a prophecy for the fall of America?

We should note, to be completely fair, that we are not a direct democracy. We are in fact a constitutional republic that has some democratic traits. We use popular vote to elect our leaders, for instance. That is the trait of a democracy but it does not constitute a true  or direct democracy. We have a constitution which protects us against the possibility of an “immoral majority.” We must fight for that constitution now because our founders knew, all too well, about the dangers of a true democracy.

As a result, even if the words of this man were correct, I can not believe that all hope is lost. I will not believe that. I have a chip on my shoulder as a proud Patriot of this country and I will not give up the fight.

Ultimately it comes down to personal decisions that all of us must make. I will use myself as an example. I grew up in a culture of alcoholics and drug addicts. I am no Saint and I spent my time in the dark as well. Eventually, like anyone who wants something better for themselves, I had to make a decision to break the cycle.

I grew up in a family culture that did not stress education and free thinking. None of my family was driven by success. I had to break that cycle as well. As many of us do, I had to make decisions to take control of my own destiny, no matter how badly the odds were stacked against me. Today we must make those same choices as a nation.

If the majority of Americans are “apathetic” (I prefer the term “pathetic”) then we must become more vocal. We must yell loud enough and often enough to count for 3 or 4 of our neighbors who fail to care. We must fight for every freedom with new resolve for I feel that we have already gone from “apathy to dependence.”

How hard are you willing to fight to make sure this cycle does not complete? Are you willing to see us go from “dependence back into bondage?”

The people that read The D.C. Clothesline will not stand for that, but we must make our numbers continually grow. We can not count on the media or the schools to teach this. This country is begging for real leadership now, and I want to remind you of something…

That leadership starts with YOU.

Get out there and fight for your freedom. If you have to fight for someone who is lost, our best hope is that someday they will again be found. We can not let apathetic Americans get in our way.

Saving this country is on our shoulders.

Do you accept that challenge? You have two choices. You are either part of the solution or you are part of the problem.

The battle cry begins with you. Let those who would seek to dominate us know that no one brings bondage upon the United States of America. This would be slave is willing to kill his would be master if my freedom is challenged. We must stand strong and make sure that our elected “leaders” know that.

We are not slaves. We are free men and women and we will die free before we will submit to the rule of anyone.

We are loud. We are proud. We are Americans.

Click Here to Follow The D.C. Clothesline on Facebook

8 Responses to Saving America is About “Breaking the Cycle…”

1. Gary Harper says:

Excellent, Dean. I am always warning about the slave nation (mortgage and credit card) that is coming, and people think that I am “stoopit” or paranoid or something.

When you are told what job to do, and what you will earn to do it, and you are fired for missing one day or being late, with no job to replace it offered to you, you will know you are in the slave nation. Where the government can come into your house anytime it wants to search for whatever. When you are forbidden to say certain things. When you are curfued every night.

When you are told what to think, who to marry, how many children to have, and they are taken from you to a government school when they are very young. When these children will not know you, and will turn you in to their teachers fro saying the wrong thing. When your children never learn how to think for themselves. This is the slave nation of the future. 200 years is the average. Somew fall earlier, some later. Let’s make it later.

I would rather die than be a slave. Like Masada.

Your Friend and Fellow Patriot.

2. lou M. says:

Citizens, there is a song by a very talented band with a very talented singer titled, “Remember who we are”…….so true today…..listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHtVxDz43KY

3. wkpmontana says:

A Nation of Government Dependents?

49% of U.S. Population Lives in Households Receiving Government Benefits

As a population we are at the staqge of dependence making it possible for more and more liberals to become elected.

4. wkpmontana says:

When history is ignored, it is bound to repeat itself.

5. Darrell says:

I’ve seen this before and believe it to be accurate. Liberals have been chipping away at this progression for many years and it seems to me that we’re somewhere in the sixth to seventh stage in the cycle, with the district of corruption pushing hard with everything they have to complete the cycle (using our own tax dollars I might add, whether we like it or not – a continuing thorn in my side and seemingly next to nothing we can do about it).

The one thing that we must be but I don’t think that we are – at least not enough – is loud. It seems to me that being loud kinda ‘goes against the grain’ of being conservative. I don’t necessarily mean loud in terms of volume, but in content and passion. Liberals are loud, boisterous, in your face (some of which are incredibly dumb: many such comments by Pelosi and a few infamous remarks by Maxine Waters, et.al.). There are far more such liberal congressmen, and many of them come off as nut-jobs, IMHO. But there are others who are ‘loud’ and don’t come off as such. There are a few conservatives who are ‘loud’ (Trey Goudy comes to mind) and don’t come off as nut-jobs, but not enough of them. Reagan didn’t need to be ‘loud’ – he was the gold standard of speak softly but have an intelligent solid, convincing message. Now look at McCain and Romney. McCain ran a stupid campaign and deserved to lose, missing soo many opportunities to take bo to task on half-truths and lies. Romney was at least a little smarter but again, failed to capitalize on so many opportunities to call out bo. I’m a tea-partier, and it also seems to me that the tea party was AWOL in the recent election – why? — didn’t think the candidate was conservative enough for them to support? Surely the tea party as a whole is intelligent enough to realize that if the major candidate against bo failed to get elected then we would have bo for another four, and which would be better? . . . Romney or another disastrous 4 under bo? And supposedly many Republicans “stayed home” rather than vote for Romney . . . really?? Same logic. They’d rather stay home and let bo get elected? . . . unbelievably stupid – truly, and to all of our continuing detriment – DUMB! Having said that, I realize there are other factors involved, not the least of which is a corrupt mainstream media (MSM), campaign strategy etc. (and I’ve see some election data which if true, point to undeniable election fraud). But basics seem to have been ignored in the recent election and we need to get back to basics.

I am nothing less than outraged at what we are allowing our country to become. I detest virtually everything that bo is imposing on us – and again, using our own tax dollars to do so, and not a damned thing we can do about it. “Write your congressman” you say? – I’ve done it many times – they are a part of the problem – not the solution (with very few exceptions IMHO). bo is not my president. I can’t think of one thing that I agree with him on – not one. He makes absolutely no effort to be the president of any conservative – none – zero – zip – zilch – nada. He and his administration loathes me and the feeling is mutual. But he will happily take our tax dollars, use them against us and redistribute them to enslave more and more of our country as outlined in the main section of your post.

I believe a HUGE obstacle that must be overcome to reach out to ‘the other side’ is that of the mainstream media. I would like to see a separate, meaningful discussion on how to go about this. They are in the tank with liberals and were in no small part responsible in helping bo get elected the first time and reelected, from their continuing parroting of bo’s half-truths and lies to unbelievably biased comments during the debates to grossly manipulating video clips. Totally dishonest. IMHO their journal credentials should be revoked. But just about every scenario that I run in my head can be turned around and applied against the only news outlet even remotely on the other side: Fox News/Fox Business News (the object of another recent DC Clothesline discussion as not being all that “fair and balanced” – but the only major TV news media that conservatives have, such as it is).

If you agree that the MSM is a major problem, do you have any ideas on how to change it/them? This is probably a subject for a separate topic, but I’d really like to see a serious discussion on it.

6. Cecily Doop says:

Kick their Ass! Go Blogger’s, Save America!

7. Annie Ransom says:

Dean – this is very motivating and exactly what I needed today. Thank you.