Obama’s Reagan Quote? Propaganda from Your President

reagan2ndRonald Reagan was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Disease in 1994. I remember the day I heard about his condition. I have to admit that I cried. This man was a hero to me. Like many Americans who support the 2nd Amendment, I was incredibly angered when Barack Obama quoted Ronald Reagan from a 1994 letter to Congress. Today I want to present a “Rated-G” version of what my research has uncovered, but make no mistake. It is not easy to bite my tongue now. I want to rip into Barack with some old school language in which I am quite fluent…profanity, but I will not do that. Let’s just look at the facts.

Can you see at all where I am going? In 1994 Ronald Reagan was, arguably, no longer himself. I will go ahead and list the quote now but then let’s examine where the quote actually came from and look at some quotes from Reagan when the man still seemed to be in control of his faculties. This is the quote from 1994:

“While we recognize that assault-weapon legislation will not stop all assault-weapon crime, statistics prove that we can dry up the supply of these guns, making them less accessible to criminals.  We urge you to listen to the American public and to the law enforcement community and support a ban on the further manufacture of these weapons.” -Quote that Obama Attributed to Ronald Reagan in his speech on January 16, 2013

There are two problems with this letter. First of all, as stated already, in 1994 Ronald Reagan was, arguably, not in total control of his faculties. I feel that it’s a low blow to share this letter in light of the facts. But, it gets worse…

rg1Secondly, and you will not see this widely reported by the main stream media, RONALD REAGAN DID NOT WRITE THIS LETTER. This letter can not be used to quote Ronald Reagan whether he was in control of his faculties, or not. Why?

This was a letter sent to Congress which was signed by former presidents Ronald Reagan, Jimmy Carter and Gerald Ford. This is not a direct Ronald Reagan quote. Mr. Obama, shame on you. Just as you took advantage of children to pull on America’s heartstrings, you also took advantage of a dead American hero by maliciously assigning a quote to him that was not directly his.

I have been mad about this for days on end and I had to research it. What I have found is more classic BHO propaganda. Reagan never said this, the only participation Reagan had in this quote was being an Alzheimer’s stricken man, who signed something he should never have signed, for it went against his life’s passion for protection of the 2nd Amendment. So how can we fairly attribute this to Reagan? It’s total nonsense. Try again Obama.

Let me share a couple Reagan quotes in support of the Second Amendment now and let’s see what this man was really about:

“The second amendment gives the individual citizen a means of protection against the despotism of the state. Look what it refers to: “The security of a free state.” The word “free” should be underlined because that is what they are talking about and that is what the Constitution is about–a free nation and a free people, where the rights of the individual are preeminent. The founding fathers had seen, as the Declaration of Independence tells us, what a despotic government can do to its own people. Indeed, every American should read the Declaration of Independence before he reads the Constitution, and he will see that the Constitution aims at preventing a recurrence of the way George III’s government treated the colonies.”– President Ronald Reagan

“You and I know and do not believe that life is so dear and peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery. If nothing is worth dying for, when did this begin…? …Should Moses have told the children of Israel to live in slavery under the pharaohs? Should Christ have refused the cross? Should the patriots of Concord Bridge have thrown down their guns and refused to fire the shot heard ’round the world?” – Ronald Reagan

Mr. Obama you are a fraud. You continue to sicken me with your hypocrisy. You just urinated on the legacy of an American hero and we will not let you do that. How dare you falsely quote one of America’s Patriots to try to push forward your socialist agenda? The man you should really be quoting is Adolph Hitler:

“This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!” – Adolph Hitler, 1935, on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany

ml2Mr. Obama we are not stupid and we know what this is about. You can keep pushing and we will keep pushing back. You will not take our guns. This is not negotiable.

Follow The D.C. Clothesline on Facebook

40 Responses to Obama’s Reagan Quote? Propaganda from Your President

1. My (now) deceased friend would categorize unsavory characters such as Obama, as “sick bastards.” For someone who supported Infanticide as an Illinois senator, it is a truly fitting description for him.

2. Pingback: A conservative revolution missed

3. I do not listen to the faux potus anymore, as his voice is merely proof that he has not gone away yet. He will fall, he must fall, as have all the most corrupt, and I believe that the poison that fills their hearts and souls eventually leads to their miserable destruction.

4. Lynne says:

I love and admire Ronald Reagan with all my heart. He is the standard by which I compare any person I might vote for. He’s also my standard on a personal level. I didn’t vote for the Gipper — that was slightly before my time (my folks were huge Regan supporters), but I’d cast a quadrillion votes and more for Ronald Reagan if I could.

So I have just one thing to say to Barack Obama,
    “Mr President [gag], YOU’RE NO RONALD REAGAN!”

5. Wow, so Reagan was inept is your argument? That’s just reaching. Reagan signed gun restriction legislation, signed the Mulford Act as governor. Was he lucid then? No one is trying to take Americans guns, in fact that would be impossible, there are too many. The white house knows this. http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/readersrespond/bs-ed-reagan-letter-20120210,0,1471722.story

• There is a big difference than signing common sense measures for mandatory waiting periods and openly endorsing a gun manufacturing ban. I’m sure he was lucid then to answer your question. My whole point is that the quote Obama used was in bad taste and very much meant to be a slap in the face of a strong second amendment supporter. Reagan was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s shortly after he signed this letter, and the way it was presented in the speech they were Reagan’s direct words. Read the article again before you think my only point was whether or not Reagan was lucid. He didn’t even write the letter. That is not how Obama made it sound however.

6. Tony Johnson says:

Enjoyed your article, I haven’t researched it all yet but it sounds reasonable. One thing stuck out though that I have seen many times in the past. The quote attributed to Adolph Hitler is I think, inaccurate. I am pretty sure that was never said by Hitler. As evil as he was it would be easy to take that as fact, but I think a little research will find he never in fact said it.

• It wouldn’t be the first time I have used an inaccurate quote. The problem is that these things are manufactured years later and it is very difficult to debunk quotes that are floating all over the internet. I will check it out.

7. How dare this puke Obama misquote and put words into Reagans mouth that he never said, He isn’t fit to SHINE HIS SHOES !

• I agree, We have to remember that it was probably one of Obama’s speech writers, but I guess if they want to credit Reagan for something he didn’t say then we shouldn’t hesitate BO for something that a speech writer may have screwed up.

8. Ladyhawke says:

Thank you Dean for your research and clearing Reagan’s name. I, too, could not believe that Ronald Reagan would say anything like that. I knew that he was a champion of the 2nd Amendment and that something was rotten in Denmark with that “quote”. Also, thank you for keeping the language in check so that I can freely pass this on to ALL my friends. Besides, cursing and swearing just makes you sound like one of the very libs we are fighting against.

• I know Ladyhawke. LOL Sometimes I do it when I get really angry. But in the old days this blog only had a handful of readers and no one cared. Now we get thousands of visitors a day and I am trying to break myself of those habits. We started this blog 60 days ago just as a way to vent. I never thought we’d be taken seriously. Help spread the word. This man is a hero of mine and I want everyone to know that he did not say that. Thanks for visiting and for your comments. Keep fighting the good fight my friend.

9. Auntie Lo says:

Awesome Hitler quote. I need to write my senators again!

• I have been seeing that one float around facebook with some pictures. A lot of people are comparing what is going on to what happened back then. If we say that we are conspiracy theorists, of course.

10. Mickey says:

Mr. Garrison, you seem to have some good connections, I wonder if I might ask a question? What is BHO’s connection to the “Down Low Club” in Chicago. I keep reading articles and I, frankly, don’t know what to believe. I check your blog posts frequently, please respond.

• Mickey i don’t really have connections. I just do my research. I will tell you who our Obama expert is here. It would be Chad Miller. Go to the blog main page and find one of his articles. If any of the writers here can help you make a connection, it would be him. This is something I would have to research before I knew how to give you a good answer. Chad makes it a point to know about all of those dirty connections that Obama has. He just put up a new article last night. Go check it out and ask him.

11. I stole this from a website…

A constitutional republic is a state where the head of state and other officials are elected as representatives of the people, and must govern according to the existing constitutional law that limits the government’s power over citizens.

So in your example, the constitutional republic protects the hen and the wolves. A democracy only protects the wolves.

12. Rick Stanich says:

Hi Dean :
    In my eyes YOU are a True Patriot , Thank You for Your Tireless commitment in Educating “We The People” that belong to a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC. I once heard that ” A Democracy is ” Two Wolves and a Hen voting on what to have for dinner ” In other words the” MOB ” rules …
    Could you Please ;in a very succinct way DEFINE what a CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC is .? as compared to a Democracy ? The Fewer Lines , the Better . Please Paraphrase this into one statement . I don’t think think Most people understand the difference

• I stole this from a website…

• Rick Stanich says:

I keep hearing about Democracy and the “Will Of The People ” in Countries such as Egypt , Tunisia, Libya , Nigeria , Somalia , etc. etc. etc etc and now Algeria . obama seems BENT on initiating democracy into all mid eastern countries . . As You have said above “DEMOCRACY ONLY PROTECTS THE WOLVES ” In Your Opinion , Do You think that obama hussein is Completely Aware of The Results Of his Policies ?
        My question to you : IS Obama DELIBERATLY protecting the Wolves ,,, Against the LAMB (The Hen )of Christianity ?

• The things our founders knew about democracy is that it can become corrupt. There can be an immoral majority (like the two wolves). Even if this country there can be a majority of people supporting an immoral cause, that’s why we have the constitution.

• The quote is actually… “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty (read Constitutional Republic) is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.” Erroneously attributed to Benjamin Franklin. Regardless of who said it, the sentiment is very true.

13. Lehmon Baxley says:

Dean, I too was very upset to hear him quote Reagan. The 1980 election was the first I was old enough to vote in. Reagan’s win restored my faith in America, just as his actions as President restored alot of world respect for America. Yes, many called us “cowboys”, but they respected us! Thank you for your diligence in clearing the name of “a Great American Hero”.-Kim

• You are very welcome my friend. I originally started researching because I just thought the quote was taken out of context and I wanted to see the whole quote. I was shocked to find what I found, but also very relieved. Hang tough my friend. Not all heroes are a joke. We have just had a bad run of them lately.

14. And by the way… His son claims that he already had Alzheimer’s at the end of his presidency. We may never know if that’s true or not, but if it is…The man could have deteriorated a great deal in 6 years. I simply have to contend that the Ronald Reagan I grew up to love would have never endorsed this letter if he knew what he was doing. Either way, they are clearly not his words and Obama is a liar.

15. I wanted to put a link in here from the L.A. Times that will verify my story. It is hard to find information online from back in 1994 but this is what I am talking about, if you would like to check it out. http://articles.latimes.com/1994-05-05/news/mn-54185_1_assault-weapons-ban

16. Greg says:

He is truly an eveil man, surrounded by evil people out to put us in a box so we can be “safe” and well controlled for our own good. I never liked this guy. His silver tongue I have witnessed is like a used snake oil salesmans’ pitch. I am so glad this is not a Democracy, but a Republic. Now, we need to get the Republic standing again, and rid these fools from government. It can be done, and while it isn’t going to be easy it must be done.

17. thank you for doing your homework, and having the stomach to actually listen to him and his speech, I avoid it personally I prefer to read transcripts, since his voice is enough to make me want to get tested for a rape, and run screaming into the shower to clean the foulness from me.

I did hear that he had quoted Reagan, and I figured he had lied, hence the reason most politicians are lawyers, they teach them to lie & act to get their ways in court.

Thank you for your due diligence, I will need to keep a closer eye on your blogs to help me keep alert to their current tactics and schemes to remove freedom from us all.

• In the end I am just an independent blogger who tries very hard to uncover the truth. We have posted some things in the past that ended up later being disproven but I will continue to do whatever I can to get the truth out. The difference between me and these people in D.C. is that I will fully admit when I am proven wrong. I hope that you keep visiting. You may not always agree with us but your opinions will always be welcome here and never censored. This blog is written by average people like myself, and we want to be the voice of America. Thank you for visiting to tell us how you feel my friend.

18. mg says:

nothing the obamaliar says surprises me anymore. I have become numb to his deception.