TREASON…Government Hired Al Qaeda to Defend the Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi?

February 17th Martyrs Brigade Facebook Cover Photo

This is the original cover photo of the Facebook Page maintained by the “February 17th Martyrs Brigade” which flies an Al Qaeda flag.

Treason is a crime which is unforgivable. Americans died in Benghazi and we have received nothing but lies from this administration. Why would the Obama administration put money into the hands of those who proudly displayed the Al Qaeda flag on their Facebook page?

Today Newsmax reported:

The Libyan militia group that the State Department hired to defend its embattled diplomatic mission in Benghazi had clear al-Qaida sympathies, and had prominently displayed the al-Qaida flag on a Facebook page for some months before the deadly attack.

That organization, the February 17th Martyrs Brigade, was paid by the U.S. government to provide security at the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya. But there is no indication the Martyrs Brigade fulfilled its commitment to defend the mission on Sept. 11, when it came under attack.

The assault claimed the lives of four Americans: Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens, information officer Sean Smith, and former Navy Seals Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty. Stevens was the first U.S. ambassador killed in the line of duty since 1979.

This story surfaced back in October with The Daily Beast, which details the political fallout tied to the hiring of the Martyrs Brigade in a cable sent by Ambassador Stevens:

Just two days before the 9/11 anniversary attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, two leaders of the Libyan militias responsible for keeping order in the city threatened to withdraw their men.

The brinksmanship is detailed in a cable approved by Ambassador Chris Stevens and sent on the day he died in the attack, the worst assault on a U.S. diplomatic mission since the 1979 hostage crisis in Iran. The dispatch, which was marked “sensitive” but not “classified,” contained a number of other updates on the chaotic situation on the ground in post-Gaddafi Libya.

The cable, reviewed by The Daily Beast, recounts how the two militia leaders, Wissam bin Ahmed and Muhammad al-Gharabi, accused the United States of supporting Mahmoud Jibril, the head of the Libyan transitional government, to be the country’s first elected prime minister. Jibril’s centrist National Forces Alliance won the popular vote in Libyan elections in July, but he lost the prime minister vote in the country’s Parliament on Sept. 12 by 94 to 92. Had he won, bin Ahmed and al-Gharabi warned they “would not continue to guarantee security in Benghazi, a critical function they asserted they were currently providing,” the cable reads. The man who beat Jibril, Mustafa Abushagur, lost a vote of no-confidence Sunday, throwing Libyan politics back into further uncertainty.

The threat from the militias underscores the dangers of relying on local Libyan forces for security in the run-up to the 9/11 military-style assault.  The U.S. consulate in Benghazi employed a militia called the “February 17 Martyrs Brigade” for security of the four-building compound. In addition, there were five Americans serving as diplomatic security and a group of former special operations forces that acted as a quick reaction force on the day of the 9/11 attack. Members of the militias led by bin-Ahmed and al-Gharabi overlapped with the February 17 militia, the cable says.

The same article from The Daily Beast notes:

Jason Chaffetz, the Republican lawmaker who has led the House Oversight and Government Reform committee’s investigation into the 9/11 attack, says the State Department actually decreased U.S. diplomatic security personnel in the months leading up to the attack.

The Wikipedia listing on The February 17th Martyr’s Brigade is as follows:

The Martyrs of 17 February Brigade are considered to be the biggest and best armed militia in eastern Libya. The brigade is financed by the Libyan defence ministry. The brigade consists of at least 12 battalions and possesses a large collection of light and heavy weapons in addition to training facilities. Its membership is estimated at between 1,500 and 3,500. The group has carried out various security and law and order tasks in eastern Libya and Kufra in the south. Some of its members are also believed to be fighting the Assad regime inSyria[1]

The February 17th Martyrs Brigade also flies the al-Qaeda flag on their Facebook page, and have been al-Qaeda sympathizers for a very long time. [2]

There is also evidence that The February 17th Martyrs Brigade disbanded after the Benghazi attacks:

A few hours after the attack, Martyrs of February 17, together with Bou Salim Martyrs brigade, allegedly agreed to disband,[18] however about 150-200 militiamen moved from Benghazi to Jebel Akhdar area.[19]

Of course they disbanded. Their work was done. Do you smell an Al Qaeda set up?

This whole set up stinks of treason. Not only were we putting money into the hands of Al Qaeda, we were quite possibly arming Syrian rebels in the process. More and more it is starting to look like the U.S. was inviting these attacks on Benghazi and Americans deserve to know the truth.

Why would any American leader hire an organization with the word “Martyrs” in its name? I know my thinking is somewhat simplistic but I think it is a fair question. It makes zero sense. Zero. I understand the significance of the February 17th date. This is the date of the Libyan liberation.

YouTube Preview Image

But the term “Martyr” strongly implies those who died or are willing to die for Allah. Is this the kind of security force we want defending our embassies, missions and consulates? Of course they are tied to Al Qaeda. How could anyone not see this possibility. Any organization who flies an Al Qaeda flag on their Facebook page is more than tied to Al Qaeda. In my mind, if you fly the flag then you are Al Qaeda.

The Obama Administration has a lot of explaining to do. If the American people knew that this organization was being paid to defend our foreign interests there would be hell to pay in America. For some reason this story has been very much hidden behind all of the other hype and rhetoric.

So now, as the truth comes out, there is hell to pay in America.

We want answers and we want accountability. Impeachment will not be enough.

An offense of this magnitude cries of treason and demands prosecution. That’s a fact.

Here is a legal definition of treason:

The betrayal of one’s own country by waging war against it or by consciously or purposely acting to aid its enemies.

So what do you think? Would sending money to those known to support our enemies qualify as treason? Unfortunately that is an argument to be had by legal scholars and legislators, but I know how the American people would answer that question.

Get angry America.

What is it going to take for you to get angry?

Keep it simple. I believe in God, Family and Country (in that order). My articles can be freely reproduced in full, or in part, so long as you credit me as the author and provide some sort of link to Send me a Friend Request on Facebook

84 Responses to TREASON…Government Hired Al Qaeda to Defend the Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi?

1. HangingOn says:

Thanks for the interesting article ,Dean. It was very informative and I thought you wrote very well and from your heart. As an American, I am very angry and I want answers! I want justice! I agree with L. that this article with this information needs to be spread and talked about and then action needs to be taken. We Americans just can’t stand by and be complicit anymore.

2. [email protected] says:

To Jerome grand….if u read this story then u read what dean don’t be quick in calling names until u get the facts…..the sad thing about it is congress knows all of this and they aren’t going to do a damn thing about it. If every state would be like Oklahoma then we can get our country back, if u are an illegal then they arrest u and send u back, they are putting the ten commandments in places where everyone else is scared to….its time to wake up people and take our country back……

3. Dave Dubé says:

The handwriting was on the wall in 2009 – “90% of the guns recovered at Mexican crime scenes come from the US”. Shall I give you the list? El Presidente is now in Mexico, probably to celebrate Cinqo de Mayo and run some guns. He has nothing to worry about at home. He has a National Police Force at his fingertips. No problem there. What to do? Have another meeting? The outcry should be the same. The attention span when ‘news’ is at your fingertips is 20 seconds at best. I think people are waking up, or at least I feel that way. Perhaps I’m wrong.

• Kane says:

Get your facts straight. The “90% of the guns recovered at Mexican crime scenes come from the US” statement was taken out of context. It should read (correctly) “90% of the guns recovered at Mexican crime scenes THAT ARE TRACEABLE come from the US”. The real number works out to be about 10% when you factor in all the untraceable guns.

4. Jerome Brand says:

Most know who and what is in the white h. It is surrounded by protection and his snitches are every where. We need to start from the bottom up.

5. Connie Carmichael says:

I’m angry as hell about it and have been since it happened. Our POS in the oval office did absolutely nothing except maybe watch our men die. I personally think he should be sentenced to life in prison without parole or hung and Hillary should be up on charges of perjury with the same punishment. There are suppose to be Benghazi hearings on the 8th with some very prominent VIP’s testifying as to what happened. Not sure those sorry asses in the white house will allow that or be able to stop it but I hope everything about this dreadful event comes out in the open. I am shocked that any sitting President could ever get away with as much as this idiot has. There is absolutely no excuse for it. I have signed a gazillion petitions on Benghazi to date and “he” owes the American citizens an explanation for his non-action. It is my further understand that Hillary is running for President in 2016 and I can’t believe with her past crappy record on Benghazi that she would even consider such a move or have supporters. The last thing America needs is another damn Communist Democrat as President. The above article does not even surprise me since Obama is so hell bent on taking America down. He gets my vote for the biggest ass hat to ever hold this office. There seems to be no end to his madness.

• N says:

I think Americans should keep bitching, while sitting on their lazy, complacent, cowardly, entitled asses (you know, kind of like our forefathers did against the English).

That always helps. At least until he shuts down our internet. 😉

• Tery Tucker says:

So your saying your not an American, N?? Then STFU! We have a process to go thru otherwise we are no better than the scum we fight against.

• L says:

Words and actions, Tery. N has a very valid point. While a “large” number of the citizens of the US are discontented with the current situation, most are just sitting around bitching about it. What is being done to forward the cause? How much evidence do you all need, before realizing that our government will not be corrected by voicing our concerns? We the people of the US have a duty to forcibly remove corruption from our government. Words posted on websites, signatures on petitions, and trips to the ballot box will no longer fix the situation. The time for a full scale occupation of DC is here, and a forced physical removal of ALL of our current politicians is needed. Followed by individual public trials of each and every one of them, not just for treason against the US, but for perpetration of war crimes against all of humanity. The rest of the world really does use the United States as a sounding board, and if we do this thing, expect other countries to follow suit. We cannot continue to cling to this arrogant assumption that we are better than the rest of the world. That is a very large part of why many other Nations very strongly disapprove of (i.e. hate) the US. Moreover, this arrogance is fostered by the atmosphere of our government controlled media outlets (FOX, ABC, CBS, NBC, MSN, CNN to name a few), as well as being ‘proven’ to the rest of the world by the fact that we allow our elected leaders (who are supposed to stand below the common citizens) to elevate themselves and misrepresent our Country. The general understanding world-wide, is that our leaders are doing exactly what we want them to do, because that is the premise on which the United States was founded. This is not the case, and we the people must take it upon ourselves to rectify that situation, and to correct the global perception of the US. This is why I say it is important not only to try each and every elected Federal official, but also state and local officials as appropriate. After that is done, the next step must be to arrest and try the entire Dept. of the Treasury, and the Federal Reserve Bank, to further illustrate that we will no longer accept any form of oppression, including the debt based oppression of the central banking system. I apologize for the this long-winded post, and encourage each and every one of you to first learn about exactly what our situation is and why it is so, and then to spread the awareness locally, by whatever means are at your disposal. Fliers, word of mouth, intelligent discussion. These things are crucial to organizing an aware and legitimate revolution, one that will address the concerns of this nation both now, and into the unknown future. And please don’t just write off anyone who disagrees with you. Find out WHY they disagree, and then seek out information to better counter that why. Remember, every bit of disinformation you can uncover helps to increase the awareness of our current situation. That includes information being put forward from “our” side, as well, and it is even more important that we root out disinformation from our own arguments.

• Jerome Brand says:

You missed the propaganda machine and the complicit parties within. If and when this happens this is how it has to go down this is also what we do in the military. Grab the media Icons and put them on trial with those in
            gov. Fed Res is multi country. We would also have to combat Nato. You can bet the man behind the currtin will not let this happen with out a fight. They will enlist other countries support. I don’t think Americans for the most part can stomach that. Myself I’ve been there done that, only there are not enough out there like me to collectively do what needs to be done. Those in congress have been bought and paid for not a one of the bunch is good. There is hope but I can not tell you here.

• N says:

Thanks, L.

Good points.

I’ve gone on a bit longer than I intended below, but you’re right.

No one likes radicals. They also don’t tend to last long when things come to a head. – N

• N says:

Yes, Tery.

I used the phrases ‘our founding fathers’ and ‘our internet’ because I am not an American.

Lol….damn you’re sharp. I can see you were schooled here.

Nice deflection by the way. Keep bitching while you carry on the ‘fight’. :-)

– N

PS – I was born in Oak Ridge, Knoxville (TN)….I’m also a red-blooded patriot. That’s for the sarcasm. Later.

• Jerome Brand says:

And you lead the group N. LOL I spent twenty in the Navy Two wars and a NEO op. What did you do N? Never reveal your leaders and never telegraph a punch. Thats how you win. N is a troll.

• Jerome Brand says:

Your right about a lot. I’d like to see Billery hung. As far as the illegal is concerned prison is a good idea. Better yet put him in mental institution where he will not get hurt or heard by any one. He is the great deceiver. Now he is in the forum he is best to keep him that way so we know where he is.

• N says:

I meant to say, “That’s to clear up the sarcasm I used earlier.”

I commend you for your service, but accusing others of treason (or being foreigners) just because you cannot parse their syntax….

It’s very short-sighted.

Good luck with your closet-revolution. – N

6. Thom says:

I’m not a leader or a planner, I,m a doer. Where the hell are the leaders?

• N says:

You may not be a leader, but you’re only a ‘doer’ if you can act without being led.

People say anything here.

Means nothing. – N

• Jerome Brand says:

I’m a leader and a planner problem is there is nobody to lead or plan for. The net is monitored so any action to group will be infiltrated or quashed. Gear and training are also an issue. Most Americans have been brainwashed by the media, Boston is a great example. All communications are monitored for key phases. GPS is in every cell phone. Land lines all go through NSA satellites. Any bulk mail is quickly identified and pieces read prior to delivery going to a noncorpret entity. All and I mean all large financial transaction are watched closely by the FEDRES. Its only going to get harder from here. Don’t be bamboosaled by forth Amendment Patriot Act took care of that roadblock. They never paid attention to it anyway as far as intel was concerned. It only becomes a problem when legal issues are pursued PA fixed that issue too. Media has made any accusation towards the government appear as a conspiracy. Any group forming to fight said conspiracy are ID as home grown terror group. All those whom are accessible are considered as an acceptable loss. There is only one hope left and that is being vetted as I write this. Problem is the vetting is being done by the other side and soon that option to will be lost.

• Ken says:

I strongly agree, What the hell is going on? Are all of our elected officials chicken sh..s or what. We deserve answers and action, not running and hideing

7. Dean Garrison says:

I’ll be honest folks. I am very much bothered at this point. I wrote an article about a guy throwing a fit in the Illinois State House and that is going viral. No one even seems to want to read this. I might have put a bad title on the article but everyone needs to see this. And as Kim said…if this proves true it is time to bring back the firing squad. This article needs to go viral. I am unfortunately not the best writer and sometimes that hurts me but people need to know this stuff.

8. If the citizens of these United States are not outraged to the point of cleaning house, literally ridding our government of infiltrators and traitors, then our Country is surely lost. There’s no “ifs” about it.

9. Kim Baxley says:

If this is proven correct in the congressional hearings, it is time to bring back the firing squad in America. Line em up on the west lawn. Or the gallows.

10. BitterClinger says:

Do we really have to ask WHY…. I mean really.