Could America Get 75 Million Signatures to Impeach Obama? It Happened in Egypt…

Tahrir Square Morsi ProtestsAbout 1 in 4 Egyptians have now signed a petition to remove President Mohamed Morsi from office and to have a snap election to find his replacement. In order to match that feat in America we would need over 75,000,000 signatures. Could it be done?

I will never say anything is impossible but it’s not likely. It is my belief that our political system is, in some ways, MORE corrupt than Egypt’s. I think the mass division caused by our smoke-and-mirrors “two party system” nearly guarantees that we will never get this many people to unite on anything in America. I heard yesterday that Sarah Palin wants to start a new party. Oh yeah, that will fix everything.

With all due respect I love Sarah Palin but we need another political party like we need a hole in the head. There are already something like 500 political parties in this country and all they do is divide us further. I’d love to see someone like Sarah make a push for people to leave all political parties and start thinking for themselves. This is part of the problem. People don’t think for themselves. So could we get 75 million people to sign a petition against Obama? Again, I will never say it’s impossible. When we give up hope we have nothing. France 24 reports:

More than 22 million people have signed a petition in Egypt demanding the departure of Islamist President Mohamed Morsi and a snap election, the opposition Tamarod (Arabic for rebellion) group said on Saturday.

“Our petition has gathered 22,134,465 signatures,” Tamarod spokesman Mahmud Badr told journalists on the eve of Sunday’s first anniversary of Morsi’s inauguration when it has called for nationwide protests.

This figure is higher than the number of people who voted for Morsi in last year’s presidential election — 13.23 million, or 51.7 percent of the ballots cast.

Previously, Tamarod said 15 million people in Egypt had signed the petition demanding that the president step aside.

Morsi supporters have dismissed the petition as invalid, insisting that only elections can decide whether a head of state stays or goes. His term of office is due to end in 2016.

Egypt’s population is around 88.5 million. So 22 million signatures is about 1 in 4 people. But I think Americans need to completely understand what is happening today in Egypt and why the protests are happening. This is the equivalent of 75 million people signing a petition for the removal of Obama and having him tell us that he was staying until 2016. This is exactly what is happening and it is exactly why extreme violence is likely and the breakout of civil war is not out of the question.

Would Obama make the same statement as Morsi? My bet is that he would but would also likely flee the country as the protests were drawing near. If Morsi is anywhere in Egypt right now, you should expect that he is heavily protected.

It is 4:14 AM (Central Time) as I am writing this and I am trying to get the latest updates but I don’t think I will be able to fight off the sand man long enough to get the information I am looking for. The BBC just offered an update roughly 15 minutes ago but it would seem we are all waiting for the latest. The BBC reports:

Crowds have been gathering in Cairo’s Tahrir Square ahead of a mass rally to demand the resignation of Egypt’s Islamist President Mohammed Morsi.

Thousands spent the night in the square, focus of the protests which brought down ex-leader Hosni Mubarak.

Protests are also expected at the presidential palace in Cairo and across Egypt on the first anniversary of Mr Morsi’s inauguration as president.

His opponents accuse him of failing to tackle economic and security problems.

Supporters of the president also plan to hold their own rallies.

Egyptians have been talking about 30 June for many weeks – the opposition vowing not to leave until Mr Morsi steps downed and calls early presidential elections, says the BBC’s Aleem Maqbool in Cairo.

I want you to think about what is going on here. The Egyptians first had the courage to sign the petition. Secondly they have the courage to protest openly.

My guess is that if their demands aren’t met then they will bear whatever weapons they can muster to try to impose their will by force.

Many Americans are looking at this and thinking they are savages. I am looking at this with a bit of pride quite frankly. I am in no way in love with a nation of people who generally hate us. But I am proud of them for having the guts to stand up to their government.

We can’t get people to sign petitions here because they are either afraid or simply feel they are a waste of time. If we can’t get past step 1 we can not rightfully advance to step 2.

We had a Tea Party protest in Ft. Wayne where literally ONE woman showed up to protest IRS targeting. If we can’t get people to march with signs how are we ever going to advance to step 3 (bearing arms)?

Are Americans more afraid of Obama than Egyptians are of Morsi? I don’t believe so. I do believe that our nation is more brainwashed and divided by our leadership. We have government controlled media, we have severe indoctrination in schools and we have a society full of people with their hands out waiting for the government to throw them a bone. As long as a few bones and table scraps keep coming, people are basically content. They would rather subsist as starving slaves than stand for liberty.

The fight is not gone in America but it is dormant. You won’t be seeing 75 million Americans signing a petition to remove Obama any time soon.

At the same time, we have to wake people up one by one and unless there are a few faithful souls with the guts to try, then we will never have a restoration of lost freedom in this country. We must keep spreading the message and trying to wake people up.

I’d rather die than give up. So go eat your Cheese Doodles and ignore what is going on. We have a leader who is just as corrupt, if not more so, than Mohamed Morsi. The obvious difference is that the Egyptian people are trying to do something about it.

[emailpetition id=”2″]

22 Responses to Could America Get 75 Million Signatures to Impeach Obama? It Happened in Egypt…

1. Pingback: 75 y

2. Brian Hill says:

“I’d love to see someone like Sarah make a push for people to leave all political parties and start thinking for themselves.” YOU SAY
    i think that is exactly what she is trying to do, both d and r are corrupt to the bone!!

3. Pingback: Could America Get 75 Million Signatures To Impeach Obama? It Happened In Egypt

4. Since it is Congress that has the power to impeach, a campaign to contact one’s representatives in DC with a letter requesting Obama’s impeachment is going to be far more effective than any would-be “petition.” How many people even know who their representatives are, much less how to contact them? Now, since they’re all up to their eyeballs in corruption between each other, deals and so on, it will take some determined guts of some in Congress to even vote to impeach. The evidence will have to be so damning that there is no alternative. What we need are real Statesmen and women, but I fear they’ve gone the way of the last century.

• Town Crier says:

Patrick,
      Thank you for the reasoning… I admire Dean as a blogger… this impeachment talk is out of order.As any person who has studied the constitution knows these proposals are futile.
      We the people do not have the “right” to petition any one to impeach.Congress as we know it will never consider any action against the Black Hole. The Thugs on The Hill have become wealthy during this emptying of the treasury.The low response here indicates the low interest.
      This article by Dean is one to be deleted…
      Nice to meet another Garrison

• Eileen Jones says:

Declaration of Independence…..Gov’ts are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of gov’t becomes destructive of those ends, it is the RIGHT of the PEOPLE to ALTER, or ABOLISH it, and to institute a new gov’t laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its power in such a form as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness….The last time I looked this was part of the laws of the land ! If they won’t do anything then WE THE PEOPLE ARE THE LAST STAND !!!!

• Troy says:

My name is Troy Brinkhuis, and I have already gone onto Google and found out who the representative of my sector of N.Y. is (Peter King) and emailed him. I described all the things Obama has done that would warrant his impeachment, as if he didn’t already know. I asked him to please get the ball rolling with this, and also asked why it’s taken so long for Congress to do anything. Of course, I have not received any response yet, and probably won’t, even though I requested a response.

5. Town Crier says:

Read the articles and post why you believe that a on line petition has any clout?This is a dead end… many are signing screen names.. NOT LEGAL… but wait neither is an on line petition.Who are you petitioning? the Thugs on the Hill? Congress is the problem.While The Black Hole may be the “pivot man” he is not working alone.Crooked banksters and the media are fueling the assault.
    What the hell happened? Did you wake up and decide you have powers to impeach?
    You do not… you do not have a voice More than 54% support and love the usurper .
    Learn how the process works… now go back to playing with your cell phone… the T.S..A is watching you on Facebook.
    PS: Dean why are you leading this March of Morons?

6. We tried after he was elected to secede… all ( or almost all) 50 of the states had one up and the governors would not back us up! they didn’t take us seriously :(

7. Paul says:

Don’t worry about Sarah Palin starting a new party, if she does, then there will still be just two parties. The one we have now and the one she starts!

8. Tom says:

I have a question for everyone. When are we, the tax paying Americans that have to pay the bills around here, when are we gonna take to the streets and demand accountability in Washington DC? WHEN? We are the ones that have to pay for all this insane spending by our government so when will we stop it? It’s our country so how do we stop this?

9. George says:

I don’t have to be the first although that would be nice, I just want my signature in the count.

10. Would we need 25% here in the US? We might still get enough. Nearly 50% of voters could be counted on + most of the non voters who have felt disenfranchised in the last election(s). Probably more since the scandals finally hit the public conscientious. We should give it a go. As a wake up call to the Demo Senate and RINOs if nothing else.

11. katerina says:

Surely U all saw that 1 lone guy that stood in silent protest for 8 hrs in Turkey. It did’nt take 8 hrs though before a throng had come to stand with him. I do believe it’s going to take JUST 1 man ot woman to go out there on the street quietly without a gun without anything more than the persistence to go back to either the same spot or somewhere nearby before numbers will join. With the incredibly fast spreading of these pples actions via tweets & mobiles ….fb etc…. i bet u there wld be a steady building of confidance. Noone is going to get mowed down by military gunfire….it’s absurd 2 believe so ….there may be arrests BUT as long as there r no violent actions from citizens….they will be free to keep on…. look everybody is talking but no-one is doing a thing….except commenting in places like this……

12. Mac says:

Seems other blogs have been warned and free speech is now ‘verbotin’.

The Patriot Post kicked me off. OK – No donations for them – my response? – “…the left laughs at your naivete – time to fight fire with fire, and you’re failing.”

Armed insurrection seems to be our only recourse. We will have to choose time/place carefully. I do believe Obama – with the Muslim Brotherhood – are cooking some “CRISIS” up – I don’t believe he will yield his power.

Mid-terms will be crucial – we find out just how compromised is our voting system…and if Obama loses – to what lengths will he go to grab tyrannical power?

13. Jeanette Blazso says:

I forwarded it with a message and asked it to be signed and forwarded by them. We can sign but we also have to get others to sign and pass it on. the more signatures we get–even if we never get the needed 75,000,000- can be a message that there is massive unrest out here and be a message to other elected officials. Those who are standing for the consitution can see it as a sign that they have millions on their side and it can inspire them. Those who are voting our rights away can also see it as a sign that we are getting very unhappy with them. Either way it can be a win-win EVEN IS WE NEVER GET ENOUGH TO IMPEACH OBAMA. so, forward, ask others to forward, AND sign it! Dean–please give us periodic updates with how many signatures it has. Thank you!

14. Rick L. says:

I have to agree with Cody and Steve and this article pretty much says it all. You know even if it were possible to get any where near 50 miilion signatures, which would probably take about as much time to get as it will for Obama to finish out his term. To chase down that many people would be a monumental task as I feel we are much more divided in this country than Egypt and 60% or so of the people asked are either for Obama or are not registered or even care. What would we do with that many signatures anyway? Just what department of this government would actually take that petition seriously? More than likely they would end up in the recycle bin as I feel the Obama Regime, if you will, has infiltrated all sectors of the government. I really see him making another attempt for a third term as we all know he is on a constant campaign trail. And there is just too many people sucking up to him for fear of whatever his rath may do to them. With his Communist Gastopo mentality all their sucking up will be in vain.
    In all reality we will have to wait out his term in office and hope he doesn’t get re-elected. Then live with the damage he has done both morally and financially to this country. Which will continue to get worse as each state will have it’s own conflicts caused by him. Taking Brazil’s lead on their solution sounds like the best scenario, if it wasn’t for our heavily armed police and military. I wonder though, if things get bad enough would they side with the people?
    Like Steve says though, things are not bad enough yet. It’s then they will look away from their I Pods, cell phones, Black Berries and wonder what the hell is going on? A number of times I have been out I might mention to some passerby, Boy they sure are spraying plenty of Chemtrails today. What, they say or Huh? Gee I’ve never noticed. Most it seems never look up and see what’s going on around them. I just have to look at them and shake my head. What in the Hell kind of Ding Dong world do they live?

15. One Voice says:

I’ve already signed one.

16. steve says:

Say what you will about the state of our Union but people are not seeing true hard times yet in America. Only when people start starving will there be a true move for action. Just a thought.

17. Cody Upegrave says:

Unfortunately a petition is absolutely hopeless because Americans are too caught up in their miserable selfish lives. I’m 8000 miles away in Afghanistan and I know more about what’s happening in our country than half of Americans. We are a sad country anymore…everyone wants their latte’s and fashion magazines and reality TV where they care more about that dumb bitch Kim Kardashian’s idiotic child’s name than they do about where our country is headed. The only thing left is to let it get bad enough and take our country back by force. I’m sorry to say…we’re headed in the same direction as Egypt…but our spineless leaders will be gone before they could be brought to justice.

18. ihatelibs says: