FOTM’s Trail Dust recently wrote an insightful comment about the unsettling time in which we find ourselves. I searched in vain for his comment, so I will have to paraphrase him.
On November 4, 2008, something horrible happened on a scale and dimension beyond Obama being elected president. With his election, a portal was opened that shouldn’t be opened, from which pours an endless stream of demons and pestilence.
On the elite level, we have a president who attracts flies and rodents, and members of his cabinet and staff who flick their tongues like a snake. See:
- “Obama, Lord of the Flies,” June 23, 2010.
- “Now Obama’s Attracting Rodents,” May 21, 2010.
- “Obama, Flies, and Bees,” May 17, 2010.
- “Why does John Kerry flick his tongue like a snake?,” Sept. 10, 2013.
On the level of ordinary everyday citizens, we are seeing an epidemic of random, unprovoked, vicious and, in some cases, deadly assaults by strangers who — like all predators — prey on the weak, old, and vulnerable. The Left insist that poverty is at the root of crimes. But the random assaults we are witnessing have nothing to do with economics, but instead are the work of psychopaths who attack for the sheer fun of it.
Here are three recent examples. No doubt you know of more.
1. Black, 18, kills elderly white man in Syracuse, NY
New York Daily News reports (while omitting the racial identities of victim and attacker) that around 6 a.m., Saturday, September 21, 2013 in Syracuse, New York, 70-year-old Jim Gifford walked to a nearby 7-Eleven to buy doughnuts and a newspaper as he did every day.
In the convenience store’s parking lot, Gifford was set upon by 18-year-old Romeo Williams who hit the old man in the face, knocking him unconscious. Williams then went into the store and gloated about the attack.
Syracuse police sergeant Thomas Connellan said that Williams “celebrated in the store after the first assault by taking off his hat and holding it up in the air and smiling. He then went back outside and assaulted the victim again.”
Four of Williams’ friends finally pulled him off of Gifford and they drove off, leaving the old man in critical condition.
Police Chief Frank Fowler described Gifford as a “gentle soul who didn’t bother anyone.” Williams, who has an extensive rap sheet of 14 prior arrests, was arrested and charged with second degree assault.
Two days later, CNYCentral News reports that James Gifford had died from the assault.
2. Black, 20, assaults white store manager in San Leandro, CA
On Monday, September 23, 2013, inside a Safeway grocery store in San Leandro, a city in the San Francisco Bay Area, a young black man went up to the white store manager, briefly exchanged a few words, then violently socker-punched the 51-year-old white-haired manager, knocking him to the ground.
The suspect fled the area and was not located by responding officers.
Safeway employees told NBC Bay Area the suspect told the manager his wife had lost her purse in the store. The manager responded by telling the young man where the store’s lost-and-found area is located before he was attacked.
Police are still looking for the attacker who is described as a black man, about 20 years old, standing approximately 5 feet 10 inches tall, with an athletic build. He was last seen wearing a gray shirt and blue jeans. Anyone with information on the attack is asked to contact San Leandro police at 510-577-3230 or the Anonymous Tip Line at 510-577-3278.
His victim, the store manager, is critically injured and remains hospitalized.
3. Woman knocked onto NY train tracks for refusing to give money to panhandler
On Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2013 in White Plains, NY, a homeless panhandler shoved 21-year-old Hunter College student Maya Leggat into the path of an oncoming Metro-North train after she refused to give him money.
Leggat was rushed to Westchester Medical Center where she was listed in critical condition with a mangled leg and severed fingers.
Several commuters followed her attacker, 39-year-old Howard Mickens, and notified the police. Mickens had thrice been incarcerated. He is held without bail on attempted murder charges and was ordered to undergo a psychiatric evaluation.
Below is an image of Mickens being driven away in a police car. He is identified as black by the website Just Mugshots.
Here are more examples of random deadly violence chronicled on FOTM:
- “Black teen rapes 93 y.o. white woman. Media silent,” Aug. 30, 2013.
- “Black teens beat to death 88 y.o. WWII vet,” Aug. 23, 2013.
- “Censored News: Black woman kills 12 y.o. white boy with blow torch,” Aug. 16, 2013.
- “President Lucifer’s racial legacy” (3 blacks pummel white kid in school bus), Aug. 5, 2013.
- “Marine beaten, stabbed by 15-20 Blacks day after Zimmerman verdict,” July 25, 2013.
- “Gang of blacks in Baltimore beat up Hispanic man ‘for Trayvon’,” July 16, 2013.
- “Police arrest home invader who assaulted unarmed mom,” June 30, 2013.
- “Hundreds of (black) teens attack pedestrians in downtown Chicago,” April 1, 2013.
- “Baby in stroller shot dead by 2 Black teens,” March 23, 2013.
- “Violent home invasion by Black kids 7, 10, 12 yo,” Aug. 7, 2012.