Obamacare Website Down

The launch of Obamacare has been a complete and total nightmare so far.  The “online exchanges” are constantly crashing, there are endless glitches and delays, and many of the people that actually have been able to successfully register for an account are discovering that health insurance premiums under Obamacare are far higher than what they are used to paying.  In fact, as I wrote about the other day, some Americans that have had their old policies canceled by their insurance companies are discovering that their health insurance costs will double or even triple under Obamacare.  What a great “success”, eh?  Under Obamacare, Americans are going to pay more for health care, they are going to have more limited health care options, they are going to be subjected to much more paperwork, and if they choose not to participate in the system they are going to be hit with very punitive fines.  What’s not to like?

But despite all of the negatives, a lot of Americans were actually looking forward to October 1st.  Millions of Americans rushed to the “healthcare exchanges” to get signed up for health insurance.  But what they discovered was that the websites were not ready and were constantly crashing.

The system has been so bad that very few people are actually signing up for Obamacare.  So far, less than 1 percent of all visitors are actually signing up for health insurance.  In California, the rate is 0.58 percent.  In Connecticut, the rate is 0.59 percent.

One television station in Tennessee was not able to find a single person who successfully signed up for Obamacare.

Needless to say, there are a whole lot of very frustrated and very disappointed people out there right now.  The following are 21 of the best comments that have been posted on the official Healthcare.gov Facebook page so far…

21. “I am so disappointed. These prices are outrageous and there are huge deductibles. No one can afford this!”

20. “Good grief. Day three of trying and still can’t get on this website. The government KNEW about this thing going live for two years. TWO YEARS! And this is the best they could do? I shudder to think what’s going to happen once they are in control of my healthcare. They can’t even get their website functioning properly. If my business had rolled out a piece of crap that worked like this I’d be out of business.”

19. “How is it that Facebook, which is a non-essential social networking web site, can reliably handle BILLIONS of electronic interactions per second, but the Healthcare.gov site, which is literally the very heart of the Obamacare program wasn’t ready for the obvious millions of visitors that you had to know it would be receiving?”

18. “i’m just going to stop even bothering for a couple weeks or so… once the fervor dies down, hopefully i’ll be able to actually create an account!”

17. “The Federal Gov’t has ruined everything it has gotten involved in, does anybody really expect this healthcare disaster to be any different? Sorry, I’ll take the asinine fine.”

16. “And yet another day and several tries I once again keep getting nothing but a completely blank page after I log in. The top tab says ‘Successful URL’. Oh how ironic.”

15. “Didn’t these Feds ever have mothers that told them not to lie? Maybe they were raised in the wild. This system is trash. I can’t verify my identity or upload documents. Also what’s with Experian verifying ID’s? Don’t care for that at all.”

14. “I am a single mother of two, in school and working full time, living 75% below the poverty level and I DO NOT qualify for a healthcare subsidy”

13. “the website can’t verify my identity…the people at the experian verification number can’t verify my identity either….i tried to upload a scan of my driver’s license, and that won’t work either……very annoying process…….i’ve wasted 3 days on this junk.”

12. “if you’re stupid enough to put all your banking information in to the federal governments computers you are definitely part of the problem”

11. “Where the HELL am I supposed to get $3,000 more a year to pay for this “bronze” health insurance plan!?!??? And I DO NOT EVEN WANT INSURANCE to begin with!! This is frightening.”

10. “I have one question. What happens if I can’t afford the Affordable Health Care that you are cramming down my throat? I just ran your calculator, and if it is even close to accurate, I will have a choice…..I can pay my rent and buy groceries, or I can pay the health care premiums, move out into the streets and live under a bridge some where, and go hungry! Can I please get one of those exemption things that the President and Congress got?”

9. “I’ve been stuck at the security questions since 9am on October 1st”

8. “Death Panels. Yes. The red plan. It’s affordable. And painless!”

7. “Here in Austin, TX have gotten to login screen three times today, wait is getting shorter, but am still getting a blank screen after getting a quick ‘authenticating, please wait’ message at top left of screen, then nothing but a blank white page and no indication that the browser is waiting for the server to do anything. Attempts to refresh the screen sends me back to the please wait screen.”

6. “I finally got past the security question problem, got my account, my verification email, and when I went to log in, it said the information was invalid.”

5. “I want to know how I am expected to pay $300+ for this and still pay my bills when the only income is $710 a month from my husband’s SSI? Am i supposed to lose my home and water and electricity or go to jail because I can’t afford this?”

4. “Government forces people to pay a new tax.  People click on website to see how much this new tax will cost them.  Website crashes in the first hour. Government calls it a huge success.”

3. “I work a minimum wage job…how the heck can I afford health insurance and if the company doesn’t give full time? I am so angry right now…. I share housing with others because I can’t afford my own place… how do you expect people to afford obamacare if they barely get by from paycheck to paycheck????? I can’t afford a fine either! I think you are obligated to give the American people an answer and an explanation!”

2. “Y’all can kiss my butt. You got that? You want my bank account? I’ll close it. You put a lien on my house? Take it…and the mortgage too. Some things are worth fighting for, and freedom is one of them! I am sick and tired of the redistribution strategies of this socialist country and having my wages STOLEN to pay for them!”

1. The best comment was posted by a man named Will Sheehan with type 1 diabetes who was initially very excited to sign up for Obamacare.  But what he discovered while trying to sign up was absolutely horrifying…

I actually made it through this morning at 8:00 A.M. I have a preexisting condition (Type 1 Diabetes) and my income base was 45K-55K annually I chose tier 2 “Silver Plan” and my monthly premiums came out to $597.00 with $13,988 yearly deductible!!! There is NO POSSIBLE way that I can afford this so I “opt-out” and chose to continue along with no insurance.

I received an email tonight at 5:00 P.M. informing me that my fine would be $4,037 and could be attached to my yearly income tax return. Then you make it to the “REPERCUSSIONS PORTION” for “non-payment” of yearly fine. First, your drivers license will be suspended until paid, and if you go 24 consecutive months with “Non-Payment” and you happen to be a home owner, you will have a federal tax lien placed on your home. You can agree to give your bank information so that they can easy “Automatically withdraw” your “penalties” weekly, bi-weekly or monthly! This by no means is “Free” or even “Affordable.”

Is what Mr. Sheehan saying actually true?

I don’t know.  This is not the way that we were told things were going to work, but when was the last time our politicians actually told us the truth about anything?

Meanwhile, most of the people who go to these websites can’t even get to the point of being able to sign up for health insurance.  Just check out what happened when a CNN reporter attempted to sign up for Obamacare

BROOKE BALDWIN: So you guys hit a wall. we’re here in Georgia. What about other states? Similar issues?

ELIZABETH COHEN: The CNN medical team branched out. We tried in about 20 different state states. In 12 of them we hit glitches. Sometimes it made it impossible to sign up. There were error messages or that little annoying kind of twirly thing.

BALDWIN: I hate the twirly thing.

COHEN: Hate it, hate it, right? In many cases, you just couldn’t sign up.

And there have already been reports of personal information being compromised.  Just check out what happened in Minnesota

Minnesota insurance broker Jim Koester was looking for information about assisting with Obamacare implementation; instead, what landed in his inbox last month was a document filled with the names, Social Security numbers and other pieces of personal information belonging to his fellow Minnesotans.

In one of the first breaches of the new Obamacare online marketplaces, an employee of the Minnesota marketplace, called MNsure, accidentally emailed Koester a document containing personally identifying information for more than 2,400 insurance agents, the Minnesota Star Tribune reported. MNsure was able to quickly undo the damage because Koester cooperated with them, but the incident left him unnerved.

“The more I thought about it, the more troubled I was,” Koester told the newspaper. “What if this had fallen into the wrong hands? It’s scary. If this is happening now, how can clients of MNsure be confident their data is safe?”

The Obama administration has had a couple of years to get ready for the launch of Obamacare and this is the best that they could do?

That is frightening.

So have any of you tried to sign up yet?  If you have a story about Obamacare, please feel free to share it by posting a comment below…

Michael T. Snyder is a former Washington D.C. attorney who now publishes The Truth. His new thriller entitled “The Beginning Of The End” is now available on Amazon.com.

30 Responses to 21 Of The Best Comments Posted By Frustrated Americans On The Official Obamacare Facebook Page

1. Nickie Woodward says:

I cant even get to the website..i do not have a home computer and so i have to use my “smartphone”.. i make less than 15000 a year and have two kids to feed…the government wants people off of welfare but they keep driving the poor people deeper into poverty…Obama you and your whole damn family suck ass…buy your own damn insurance…ive got kids to feed

2. Brian Smiley says:

Obama is all about changing America, The dumb ass congress should have defaulted, All working Americans will be soo enough. EVIL D.C. Den of Criminal. WHEN IS THE REAL FIGHT?

3. Pingback: Sticker shock - AllDeaf.com

4. john says:

I managed to make it to the part through the Nevada application and they pushed me over to medicare where I can’t have even the banckruptcy level of personal assets, If I’m not mistaken. I guess the identity thieves could have a problem with nothing to steal but bad credit. This is the beginning of the biggest transfer of wealth ever called the derivitives crash as soon as they are done buying titles to real property with them and dump them into your pension funds to eat.

5. Kevin Bee says:

Can’t the people start a fund to get a team of the best lawyers the country has to offer and fight this law?

6. Chelle says:

Not that snopes is the be all and end all of truth but….

7. Had enough yet?

“… Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!” Patrick Henry

Got lead?

8. Lynnette says:

For some reason fb is not allowing me to share. Had problems with slow and crashing yesterday too. They must not like my rhetoric about hating this administration. lol

9. Dennis Habern says:

There are many reasons why everyone should support attorney Larry

Klaman, and march on Washington, D.C. on November 19, 2013. The list

is long. I am curious how long the list was when the French stormed

the Bastile and the King’s Palace during the French Revolution of

1789? A simple show of bodies in Washington, D.C., will not suffice.

There has to be a mission to get rid of this Black Turd and his

Communist/Marxist/Muslim administration. Has anyone viewed the movie,

“THE TIME MACHINE”? It seems that a time-traveler stopped his time-

machine in the future, and at a time when the world was just getting

over a nuclear hollocaust. The survivors were called the “ELOI” whom

were subsisted by disfigured moles whom resided deep within the bowels

of the earth, and were using the Eloi as their source of food. It was

evident that the survivors did not maintained the backbone to fight

for their for their lives until the time-traveler led by exammple

until the “MORLOCKS” were destroyed. The analogy of this tale is

that the American people are the “ELOI” and “THE BLACK TURD AND HIS

ADMINISTRATION,” are the Morlocks, but what the United States

requires, is our time-travler to show us how to fight back against

this Communist, New World Order cannibals that are currently leading

we Eloi, to the slaughter. Hopefully, our gallant Military will be

our time-traveler and will therefore indicate by example, to restore

our civilian backbone, if you follow. In another analogy dedicated

to the movie, “THE WIZARD OF OZ,” the United States of America is

represented as the “COWARDLY LION,” searching for his “COURAGE,”

a trait lost amongst Americans, when Political Correctness replaced

life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

lives until the time-traveler showed them to

10. Dennis Habern says:

Has anyone in the United States known a Black that they can depend on?

The answer should be no. Then, if the answer is no, why did so many gutless

Americans vote for this Black Turd, not once, but twice. It is a given that

that perhaps 95% of Blacks voted for this Communist, but the Hispanics and

women, maintain no excuse for their stupidity. Perhaps, if a civics test

were administered before voting, and a voting I.D. was required to be

addressed, I am certain none of these low voting Morons been permitted to

have their vote counted. Then, we should not forget that the Black Turd

whom takes up space in the White House, is a Chicago Thug, whose Blackground,

similar to the Muslims, calls for him to lie in order to achieve his goals.

In addition, I wish someone with political horsepower, would confront this

Black Turd and ask him what his connection is to George Soros, the

Rothschilds, his membership in the “NEW WORLD ORDER, his membership in

“THE MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD,” and why he has sealed his personal records. If

this Black Turd is an Indonesian citizen, then the American Congress should

contact the appropriate authorities in Indonesia to identify his Indonesian

citizenship, which would disqualify him from remaining in the oval office.

When this Black Turd qualified as a foreign student for his Fulbright

Grant, I am certain that school authorities would have required to view his

Indonesian passport, which would prove that he is an illegal immigrant. This

ugly, Black Muslim Turd, has pulled the crime of the century, but his

supporters such the Saudi Government, George Soros, the Rothschilds, the

Illumanati,the Bilderberg Group and the rest of the secret organizatons that

support this Moron, should be exposed, arrested and incarcerated.

• bigfoot says:

This is not about “blackness”!
      Ben Carson is “black”, Thomas Sowell is “black”, Walter Williams is “black”… just to name a few excellent contemporaries in a long line of wonderful, patriotic people with just a different shade of skin than you. I’d trust any of these men with the future of our country before someone like you.

I appreciate your fervor for “your” country, but if “our” country is to be better, it needs to be built on respect and love for our fellow countrymen. Your attitude is no better than Obama’s apparent belief that he and his elite know better for everything than any of us lowly citizens.

My dad said most of the black guys he worked with were much more trustworthy than the lighter skinned, who all seemed to be out for what was best for themselves alone.

I have known good people of all races and a few different faiths as well. I would prefer Islam be removed for safety sake, but, if there are muslims who are citizens and genuinely want to peacefully live here, safe from their extremist counterparts, then, in a free America, they would be free to stay.

Yes, we need to require a higher standard of knowledge among our average citizenry; Most immigrants know more about the country than the average high school graduate. But we also need to value for others what we value for ourselves. If you don’t like people to talk or think of you as an idiot, then don’t imply it of them.

Blessings on your future, Dennis Habern

• mcollins says:

Bigfoot, THANK YOU for articulating the same beliefs that MANY share!! Racism is anti-American, and we all need to be careful not to give in to that kind of thinking.. Did we learn nothing from the terrible history of Germany in the 30’s & 40’s? To stereotype any group of people based upon skin color is stunningly ignorant and is EXACTLY what liberals so desperately want to believe of conservatives.

• way2confused says:

Reality is, it is the Democrats who are the racists. Just look what they have done to the black communities in this country for the last 60 years. They keep promising the blacks they will “lift them out of poverty” and make them equal with the Middle Class. How are the Dems doing?

Dirty little secret is that the Democrats want them poor and dependent–they’re easier to control that way.

Now, onto the whites. Everyone thinks they will improve the lifestyles of blacks, but what their real plan is to drag the whites into poverty, all in the name of “fairness.” The only ‘redistribution of wealth” will go to them–the ruling elite. The rest of us will be destitute.

• kathin says:

It is not the color of his skin that is a problem it never has been for the majority of Americans RATHER IT IS THE BLACKNESS THAT FILLS HIS SOUL AND HIS HOLLOWNESS IN HIS HEART. Add that to the fact that he is STUPID AS A STUMP and here is what we have. The Navigators down here in the valley are threatening and bullying people to sign up. Unfortunately for the low informed Navigators the PEOPLE AT THE FREE CLINIC ARE THERE FOR A REASON THEY DON’T HAVE ANY MONEY PERIOD.

• K-roll Lucy says:

Why yes I do know some blacks that I can depend on. Please, let’s not turn this into color. Believe it or not there are blacks out there that don’t care for the man in the Oval office either.

11. R3riate says:

Tweets:

@SenateDems To Harry: Tea party my a$$, it is OBOMA & harry that hurts the US and economy. 180 Languages – we must verify, they do not -BS?

@BarackObama Tea party my a$$, it you and Dirty harry that is hurting the US and economy. 180 Languages – we must verify, they do not?

“Dirty Harry and Obama, tear down the façade of your knowledge” and let intelligence pass through.”

12. Maryann Fitzpatrick III says:

Never mind the cost and how bad the enrollment system is. What about identity theft? None of the ‘navigators’ have had to pass any background checks, yet they will be taking down everyone’s personal information. And did you read what John McAfee said the other day? I saw it at hotair.com Read here: http://hotair.com/archives/2013/10/03/mcafee-antivirus-founder-what-idiot-put-this-system-out-there/

• Dave Dubé says:

I can’t LIKE this here, but I did post the link on the facebook page. RIGHT ON!

• kathin says:

Excellent thought Maryann. I have been wondering about that myself. How stupid do you have to be to sign up and give information to the likes of ACORN, SEIU, and the wing of Voter registration of Move On dot org? You don’t need someone to tell you that this is a HUGE DEBACLE IN THE MAKING.

13. eruditeman says:

I think the A.C.A. is reason enough for “militia” members in every state to prepare themselves for martial law as neighborhoods are invaded by thugs in US Military uniforms in denial of US Constitutional Amendments. Each ‘Militia’ members who honor Amendment II should invite 6+ thugs to be permanently stationary if they come to the door of your residence.

IV which says “The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.”

As they violate:
    II which says “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

And disregard:
    X which says “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”

We are at the end of the “Republican” experiment. We are a Republic NOT a Democracy.
    Our freedoms have been stolen from each of us.

• Ruth says:

We seem to have made it to the point of no return – haven’t we? We’re there. What a shame things have to be like this. I never thought I would have to prepare to fight a war in my older years. It wasn’t supposed to be like this. Since it is…here we go.

14. Richard Fondren says:

Every politician should be fired for not earning there pay, there retirement taken away, and term limits set so they will not be wasting time playing poker on there cell while in session which should be automatic dismissal from job. I think that this countries worst enemies are the politicians that we have in office, everyone of them seems to have forgotten the oath they took when sworn in.

15. brinkman2008 says:

All I can say is Obama you and you healyh care system CAN KISS MY ASS.

16. Derf says:

Lets start calling this Kenya liar’s signature law, the ObamaCurse). The ObamaCurse, The ObamaCurse, The ObamaCurse, The ObamaCurse,The ObamaCurse, The ObamaCurse.

17. IS THIS NOT ANOTHER REASON TO MARCH ON D.C. WITH ATTORNEY LARRY KLAMAN????????

• Linda says:

I heard about this, but haven’t seen much of anything as far as getting it out to the public. Didn’t see much on his FreedomWatch page either. How can we get info to share?