Elderly Man Calls Ambulance for Wife with Dementia, Cops Show Up and Beat Him

copsthennow

It seems more and more these days that if you think a loved one is in danger in America, calling the cops should be your absolute last possible resort.

Missourian Elbert Breshears recently called for an ambulance because his elderly wife, who suffers dementia, had endured an episode and knocked a window out of their home.

According to ABC affiliate KSPR33 and unfortunately for Breshears, the cops showed up before the ambulance did:

“The wife and I were standing about here, that’s the window she knocked out. I was standing here holding her hand and she was wavering hollering help,” Breshears said.

When police got there,”police car drove up, he bailed out ran over and knocked me down. He told me to get up, I told him I couldn’t,” he explained.

That’s when Breshears says police got aggressive. “First thing, I know they grab me, threw me out there on the gravel. One of them sat down on my back, the other sat down on my head. They were trying to get handcuffs on me. I told them I can’t get my hands up. I have no objection to being handcuffed,” says Breshears.

By then paramedics arrived. Breshears says he and his wife were taken to the hospital. A doctor looked him over. “He dug out the gravel out of my head and sewed my head up,” he says.

Who are these cops? Who do they think they are? Who exactly do they think they’re serving and protecting??

It’s as if they are under the impression that their job on every call is just to show up at an address and either beat up or tase or shoot someone without actually ascertaining what’s even going on first.

Last month I reported on the parents of an Arapaho teen who called the cops because they were afraid their son might harm himself. The police showed up and harmed him instead, shooting him seven times and killing him. That kid wasn’t alone either; a similar story happened earlier this year to the parents of a North Carolina teen. That kid was barely 90 pounds and probably couldn’t have even hurt himself that badly to begin with, let alone hurt the well-armed police officers who showed up and ended his life.

Last year I reported on how an unarmed car wreck survivor was gunned down in the street as he was running to the cops for help.

We live in a country where the police are highly militarized and approximately 500 innocent Americans are killed by them every single year; based on the frequency of these reports, that number is set to rise.

“I don’t hit my wife. I’ve lived with the woman for 47 years. I love the woman. I can’t help what she does,” says Breshears.

Breshears’ wife is in the hands of professional care right now out of Humansville. He is working on getting her help a little closer to home here. He is also working on getting an attorney and plans to press charges. (source)

And you know who ultimately pays the price when all these police brutality lawsuits get filed? The taxpayers who pay these officers’ salaries, that’s who. The officers themselves hardly ever get anywhere close to anything most of us would consider actual punishment.

Case in point?

Deputy Micah McNinch pulled over a man in the middle of the night as he was rushing his sick mother to the hospital. The woman was in the back seat, having trouble breathing.

McNinch pulled over the man for having expired tags. They were a mile from the hospital.

Instead of escorting the man and his mother to the hospital so the woman could receive medical attention right away and sorting out the ticket later, the officer kept them there and continued to write it.

The woman died. Over a ticket for expired tags.

The kicker?

McNinch was punished in only the way cops whose actions lead to an innocent person’s death get punished: one whole day without pay.

It’s as if America has fallen prey to unmitigated thuggery.

Oh wait. It has.

Melissa Melton is a writer, researcher, and analyst for The Daily Sheeple and a co-creator of Truthstream Media. Wake the flock up!

Elbert Breshears. This is a screenshot of a video report from KSPR-33. The full report can be viewed here.

50 Responses to Elderly Man Calls Ambulance for Wife with Dementia, Cops Show Up and Beat Him

1. Gloria says:

We live in a very troubled time. There are areas where civilians take their lives in their own hands just by walking down a street or stopped at a red light/stop sign even jogging in some parks and I don’t mean they are in danger from the police but from other civilians. In the same way a police officer puts his life on the line every time he goes on duty. He never knows when someone will attack him/her..they always must be on guard. Yes, there are ‘bad apples’ everywhere so who do we blame? The ‘bad apple’ civilian or the ‘bad apple’ police officer? Now days, EVERYONE is on guard for their life. It’s so very sad but it’s the way of life we have allowed to come about. An inmate in jail/prison has more rights than the correctional officer on duty. Unfortunately since the government has taken God out of our system things have gone from bad to worse and I fear they will continue to worsen. This is just my opinion, I truly did not post this to offend anyone.

2. CavScout62 says:

rbodell it’s obvious you have a serious “hero worship” problem with the PORK. After devoting 27 years of my life to the service of this country including 3 years as an M.P. I KNOW just how dirty ALL so called “LEO’s” are. They may not start out that way but, they must adapt/join the ranks of the SCUMBAGS if the are to survive long enough to collect a pension. When I was medically retired from the Military I was recruited hard by P.D.’s far and wide. After a little investigating I came to the realization that there are 2 reasons we have the PORK on the street. 1. To generate $$$ for the Local, State, & Fed. 2. The continued Militarization of said PORK for the coming State Of Martial Law that will see millions of people gunned down, vanished, and marched into FEMA Camps across this once great land that used to be America but is now the USSA. As far as you’re never seeing an innocent person beaten down by these SCUMBAG GESTAPO formerly known as “The Police”, you have a severe case of selective sight and hearing and live in a very deep state of denial if not down right dementia. I will not respond to or comment on any of your observations/comments any further as I refuse to waste anymore of my time on a lost cause such as yourself. Enjoy your life in whatever state of fantasy land in which you exist.

CavScout62

3. AntiGotchaJournalism says:

You can point to as many examples as you want, also. The fact remains, that we have no idea what police were like in the A12 days, because police weren’t watched and scrutinized like they are today. Let’s be honest, no one gives a damn when cops do something right. It’s not newsworthy. Name one profession people love to hate more than cops? I’d argue that police work and police officers have been the same since the job’s inception. It’s the nature of a job filled with necessarily type A, aggressive human beings. There’s bad apples, like any other profession, and there’s good officers who make bad decisions. God bless the media for shedding some light on INCIDENTS like this, but let’s not make them something they’re not. If what the old man says is true, this is just a few bad officers amongst a group of several hundred thousand nationwide that do the job correctly.

4. AntiGotchaJournalism says:

Humansville, MO? Way to take a town with a population of 1000 and extrapolate that to a profession as a whole. I heard a waiter spit in someone’s soup in Smallville, KS. I’m calling for a boycott of all restaurants!

5. Dave says:

Dean: A request Please:
    Ban the troll and I don’t need to name him.
    He adds nothing, he contributes nothing and all he does is troll.
    Please send him packing.
    Thanks

6. Smantha says:

If you seriously think the police ever have a valid excuse to knock an elderly man down and beat him, you’re completely delusional. And if you hate the writing here so much why are you always here? GTFO.

7. s.c says:

Get used to it it’s only going to get worse unless we the people all start to stand together or the thugs will take over completely/

8. Gordon Harvey says:

Politicians and Police Departments across the country are digging their own graves. When will these morons wake up and see what they are doing? These azzwhipes are not your masters. Find them, convict them, and if it comes to it…
    Every police chief who defends these actions needs to be fired. Every police department across the country needs to be retrained on what their legal powers actually are, not their perceived “master’s” powers.

9. bruce lorraine says:

The time is coming when the cops show up at your door the smart thing will be to fire first and answer questions second

10. rbodell says:

I beleive the story about the teen who got shot included the fact that the teen attacked the cops with a knife. That just shows how the clothesline twists things to fit their bloodthirsty agenda so obviously something was left out of this story too.

The comment …….

Why was it there unless it was part of the story. Shure enough it was, acording to the news story referenced by the link in the article, said …

KSPR stopped by Humansville City Hall to try and speak to the mayor and police chief in person. They declined an interview. KSPR did speak with the police chief over the phone. He told us Breshears faces three charges: abuse of the elderly, resisting arrest and assault on a police officer

I think it was 5war that said “criminals always lie. Again the fact that he had abused his wife and resisted arrest and assaulted an officer was left out to edit the story to produce hate against the police when in reality it was the so called victim that caused the whole thing.

As usual the clothesline produced the evidence that the story was edited to fit the bloodthirsty agenda of the site. Thanks for the help people.

• bruce lorraine says:

Of course the popo and politicians never lie.

• Ben Daniel says:

Your rant is right along the lines of “when did you stop beating your wife?”… it presumes an angle to the story, and assigns blame contrary to facts in evidence despite no evidence to support the shift. Instead of presuming the story is angled, please provide evidence that it is. So far, all I see is one reporter who took at least a few hours to investigate the story, and one internet tough guy who took only a few minutes to say “I don’t believe it” without any supporting evidence to the contrary.

• rbodell says:

in the article above go to the third paragraph down and click on the KSPR33 link

Then go to the 9th paragraph down. That is why he said he didn’t do anything to his wife in this article.

That comes from an actual news source, not a conspiracy theory website

11. gary says:

Poorly written.

12. 5WarVeteran says:

The people know what to do when things like this happens. Remember the olde west?

13. Sheri says:

Up is down and down is up and it’s going to get more crazy.

14. D E Worley says:

The worst and biggest crooks I’ve ever met in my life? Cops and Judges. I wouldn’t piss on one to put them out if they were on fire.

15. vuillemin says:

the dementia as megalo rule the administration!

16. anarchyst says:

Here are “police” practices that deserve to be exposed:

#1. During a traffic stop, the police officer will touch the back of your car. The reason for this “touch” is that, quite often, the police officer will have a small quantity of narcotics (marijuana or cocaine) on him (in his hand) that he will rub on the car in order to help “justify a search”. When the dog is brought in, it will react to the drug on the vehicle and help “justify a search”. This tactic is mostly used against young people. The drug can also be “planted” on a “suspect”.

#2. Most (if not all) cops possess a “throwdown” weapon. This “helper” is obtained from a criminal who is then “let go” without his weapon and is always used to justify a questionable police situation and to “sanitize” a “crime scene to absolve police on the scene of criminal police behavior.

#3. If you are in the back of a police car, LIE DOWN on the seat. Police use the concept of “screening” to abuse their unwilling “passenger”. This involves, driving at high rates of speed, violent turns and other antics to get the passenger to “hit the screen” separating the front from the back with his face. Hence the act of “screening”.

#4. If you are being handcuffed, quite often the police officer will wrench you arm behind you, forcing you to “turn around”. The officer will then add a charge of “assault” to whatever other charges they concoct against you (just for being forced to turn around). They “pile on” charges, hoping you will plead guilty to at least one.

Remember–NEVER CONSENT TO SEARCH . . . You must be polite, but firm in your refusal. You can state that “you NEVER consent to searches” as well as using these “magic” words–“am I free to go?” The police officer MUST answer your question . . . If you are being detained and an illegal search takes place, you have legal recourse.

Remember–police are not your friends . . .

That being said, not all “law enforcement” is criminal, but the “thin blue line” that they so jealously guard (and “look the other way” when rogue cops abuse their authority) does much to taint ALL “law enforcement” with having ulterior motives.

• #1. It’s to insure the trunk lid is not ajar, signifying an ambush is waiting.

#2. The average weight of duty equipment is 60 – 80 pounds. Do you think adding another couple pounds to “throw-away” makes sense?

#3. Once you’re seated in the car you are seat belted in with both a lap and shoulder belt. These have “inertia locks”, you’re not moving until the belt is removed.

#4. Yes this happens all the time…REALLY? the paperwork for your arrest alone is very time consuming. Do you really think it’s fun to add more?

If you don’t do anything wrong, you don’t have anything to worry about. Judging by your handle, seems like you look for trouble. And if it’s trouble you want…it’s trouble you’ll find!

Your B S advice might sell at the beast or mother jones, but don’t pretend to know what you’re talking about here. You’ll get spanked every time! Happy Easter

• rbodell says:

You seem to have a handle on reality just fine. 5war claims to have been cop but he encouraged the murder of cops just because they are cops. My guess is that you actually are or were a cop.

Yeah there are bad cops just as there are bad in any group. Even with the bad cops, I still have never had a problem with cops because I choose to follow the law.

• CavScout62 says:

The reason you have not had a problem with the PORK isn’t because you “follow the law” as you state, you just haven’t been in the right place @ the right time yet. You WILL be confronted and abused by the so-called “POLICE” rbodell if you spend enough time in the public domain. Mark my words, you’re time is coming. It’s really sad but true. I’m old enough to remember when “cope” were the people’s friends however those days are long gone. Todays “police” are nothing more than the GESTAPO and, if you choose to continue living in denial as you are, I fear for the lives and well being of you and your loved ones.

• CavScout62 says:

Please excuse my typo, line 7 should read “cops”, not “cope”. Arthritis makes it very difficult for me to type anymore.

CavScout62

• rbodell says:

in the rite place at the rite time LOL, You mean when I was breaking the law and assaulting a cop? That ain’t gonna happen.

• CavScout62 says:

As usual you stopped reading when it suited you. Public Domain (right place & time) Idiot.

• rbodell says:

ok you tell me when and where.i guarantee you that if you go looking for trouble with the cops you WILL find it. i have yet to see a single case where a cop has just beaten some random person just for the jollies. the so called victim ALWAYS started it.

• anarchyst says:

Looks like I “hit a nerve” . . . GOOD!! All of the things I have stated are a part of (ab)normal “police practices”. Today’s police are a far cry from the old ways of “law enforcement”. The “us-versus-them” attitude and “shoot first”, have a throwdown weapon, and get your story straight among all of your colleagues” is the order of today’s so-called “law-enforcement”.
        Best regards,

• Debbie says:

azarchangel55, you must be from the old school of police knowledge. I ease dropped on a conversation in my local Wal-Mart while a sheriff or local police in plain clothes told another woman (whose husband was an officer at another area level) about how they ALL try to trump up the charges to fit a FELONY. This is when the officer gets hazard pay.

Prior to this happening, one local saw my daughter stirring up dust in circles in the park across the street from the police station. The park is dirt road. There were no children in the park, but he charged her with child endangerment and wreckless driving.

Filed in the wrong court, they endangered her life to travel in the ice to appear to a court that did not have jurisdiction of the case. When she did make it to the county seat court, it was dismissed.

But guess who got to keep their hazard pay for seeing dust?

As a child, the local police would notify our parents of a bomb fire river party and asked the parents what they wanted the police to do about it, break it up or watch at a distance encase anything got out of control. We were almost all underage drinkers. Cops would have rather seen beer than LSD or heroin in the 70’s.

Police are not what they used to be. Nor or Americans FREE to enjoy LIFE.

• rbodell says:

as usual the facts have been left out like the charges which were probably speeding or doing donuts. That is if you actually have a daughter. There is so much twisted and false information that nothing can be considered true.

• Debbie says:

I totally agree with every thing you said in this sentence about yourself,
            ” There is so much twisted and false information that nothing can be considered true.”

• Joe Royall says:

unlike you rbutthole I have been arrested for doing nothing wrong and was seriously abused by the police and before you say I lie and that I’m leaving something out. I can pass a background check because I’ve never been arrested. I had done nothing wrong and the record was cleared.

• rbodell says:

first you say you have been arrested then in the same post you say you have never been arrested. Which is true? why did you lie about the other?

• Ben Daniel says:

“If you don’t do anything wrong, you don’t have anything to worry about.”

Spoken like someone with an illusory superiority problem.

• 1) They used to say it was to leave fingerprints so that if the government employee is killed evidence will be left on the car. Some government employees have been honest and stated that they are marking cars with drugs.

2) BS. 60-80 pounds is a light infantryman’s combat load. Cops carry no where near that amount of weight.

3) Don’t trust your lying eyes. You may beat the charge but you won’t beat the ride.

4) A cop is paid no matter what he is doing. Adding a line or two on a charge sheet doesn’t take that much time.

All cops are trained liars. No juror should ever give a government employee’s word any credibility. All cops lie, all the time.

Disarm cops for a safer America.

• Grenadier1 says:

60 to 80 lbs of duty gear?
        WHERE?
        A belt and a kevlar vest does not weigh 60 lbs.

Yeah i agree dont go looking for shit but lets cut the BS and stop acting like cops are these innocent lily white individuals.

17. anarchyst says:

There are three things that could be done to reign in questionable behavior by police and other public officials.
    1. Eliminate both “absolute and qualified immunity” for ALL public officials. If public officials (yes, this includes police officers and their administrators, firefighters, prosecutors, court officials and all other “public servants”). If they knew that they could be sued personally (and possibly lose everything they own), they would tend to behave themselves.
    2. Establish and enforce an “video audit trail” whenever there is interaction by any public official with the public. In the case of police and firefighters, no “video audit trail” would mean the inadmissability of “evidence” as well as censure and immediate dismissal with loss of pension if public officials’ fail to assure that this “video audit trail” is present. “Equipment malfunction” would not be a valid excuse. A “video audit trail” would also do much to eliminate the possibility of frivolous lawsuits by the public against public officials as well as assure that public officials “behave themselves”. This is especially true in police interrogation rooms where police-coerced “false confessions” occur with alarming frequency.
    3. Prosecutors should be subordinate to the grand jury. Grand juries should be able to indict without needing the prosecutor’s “permission”. Of course, there would be NO absolute or qualified immunity for prosecutors or grand jurors. Civilian police review boards should be mandatory–they should exclude anyone who has a police background or relatives of police from serving. Civilian police review boards should be able to bring up charges against corrupt police officials and officers as well.
    These three changes would put the public on an equal footing with our “leaders” (who are actually supposed to be subordinate to us citizens).
    There have been many cases where people who have been legally recording police (mis)behavior have been harassed by police, their equipment damaged or destroyed, and charges brought against them. This police misconduct must stop! Severe punishment should be meted out to those public officials who interfere with lawful recording by citizens.

• tomt says:

The trunk is ajar!?!?!?! You’re an idiot, he’s printing your vehicle with all fingers n palm in case he is shot or dragged! An ambush in the trunk !! Good one Tarantino!!!

• anarchyst says:

Yes, the “touch” on the trunk lid or tail light used to be a way of providing evidence that the police officer was there–but in today’s militarized police atmosphere (cannot forget the Second “War On (some) Drugs), the “touch” HAS been a convenient way to “plant” drugs on a suspect to help “justify (a still illegal) search.
        I stand by my statements.