The mission of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is to collect taxes from individuals and groups, but to do so fairly by applying the the tax law with integrity and without prejudice. According to IRS Policy Statement 1-1, IRS employees accomplish this mission by being impartial and handling tax matters in a manner that will promote public confidence.
It is not the mission of the IRS to use political criteria to target certain individuals and groups for special scrutiny or audit.
On May 10, 2013, Americans learned that, instead of being apolitical, the Obama regime’s IRS had singled out for special scrutiny the tax documents of some 75 groups who, for the lack of a better term, are not fans of President Lucifer.
That day, the IRS issued an apology to conservative political groups — groups with names that had words like “tea party” and “patriot” — for having been subjected to extra scrutiny. But the IRS insisted that “Mistakes were made initially, but they were in no way due to any political or partisan rationale.”
Since last Friday, each new day brings more information of the IRS’s misdeeds. They include the following:
- The IRS witch hunt began in April 2010, with the formation of a team of specialists within the IRS called the Determination Unit. (Source: ZeroHedge)
- High-level Obama regime officials were involved. (Source: ZeroHedge)
- By June 2011, the IRS expanded its criteria for extra scrutiny beyond“Tea Party,” “patriot,” and “9/12 Project” (referring to a group started by Glenn Beck) groups to include also organizations critical of government spending, government debt, taxes, and “how the country is run,” as well as groups seeking to “make America a better place to live” and to educate Americans about the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. (Source: FoxNews)
- The IRS also targeted a pro-life group, Cherish Life Ministries, that provides help to a coalition of churches that supports mothers struggling with unexpected pregnancies, promotes abstinence and advocates for an end to abortion. (Source: WND) H/t FOTM’s joworth
- The IRS was targeting the Jews, too! An IRS agent told the pro-Israel Jewish organization Z Street that the applications of Israel-related organizations were assigned to “a special unit in the D.C. office to determine whether the organization’s activities contradict the Obama’s Administration’s public policies.” (Source: Atlas Shrugs)
- Former Defense Secretary Don Rumsfeld reveals in his new book, Rumsfeld’s Rules, Leadership lessons in Business, Politics, War and Life,that outspoken businesses critical of the federal government are also singled out by the IRS and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). (Source: The Examiner)
- Even worse, the IRS went beyond using political criteria to single out certain groups for extra scrutiny. The IRS violated confidentiality by giving the confidential applications for tax-exempt status of nine conservative groups to a George Soros-funded journalism group, ProPublica. (Source: Breitbart)
- The IRS also leaked the 2008 confidential financial documents of theNational Organization for Marriage, a pro-traditional marriage organization, to the leftwing Human Rights Campaign (HRC). Those documents were published on the Huffington Post on March 30, 2012. Joe Solmonese, HRC’s president and a co-chairman of Obama’s 2012 reelection campaign, then used the leaked document to attack GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney. (Source: Breitbart) H/t FOTM reader Kathleen Myers.
- Wayne Allyn Root — the Libertarian Party’s 2008 VP candidate who attended Columbia University in the same years as Pres. Lucifer but has publicly stated he’d never met his supposed fellow-student nor does he know any Columbia alumnus who had — was also a target of the IRS’s unusual audits, beginning in January 2011, despite a “spotless” 30-year tax record. Root believes the order to audit him came from Obama himself: “I believe this is not rogue agents, who would be risking their pension and careers.” (Source: WND)
- Televangelist Billy Graham endorsed Mitt Romney in the 2012 presidential election. Now his son, Franklin Graham, has come forth with the revelation that in the midst of the heated presidential campaign in September 2012, the IRS notified the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and the family’s international humanitarian organization Samaritan’s Purse, that it was conducting a “review” of their activities for tax year 2010. (Source: Politico)
- In 2010, the IRS targeted for auditing Dr. Anne Hendershott, a devout Catholic professor and author whose writings are critical of Obama and Soros-funded “liberal” Catholic groups. The IRS demanded to know who was paying her and “what their politics were.” Although Hendershott and her husband (who brings in the vast majority of the family’s income) file joint tax returns, only she was audited. The audit was so emotionally and financially expensive that she was frightened into silence. (Source: The Blaze)
- Dr. James Dobson says his Christian FamilyTalk group was also targeted. The IRS threatened the group’s non-profit status because it didn’t represent “all views.” (Source: WND)
***Visit our new FREE SPEECH community built for our readers. Click to Join The Deplorables Network Today!***
Reprinted with permission from Fellowship of the Minds.