You know all the jokes about Muslim men being pedophiles?
AWR Hawkins reports for Breitbart, June 9, 2013, that Afghanistan’s parliament has rejected a body of laws that would have barred men from marrying girls younger than 16.
The reason for the rejection?
Because the proposed laws violate “Islamic principles.”
It gets better.
The proposed laws also would have banned two other practices:
- Baad, the traditional practice of buying or selling women to settle disputes; and
- Criminal charges being imposed on rape victims (rape victims in Afghanistan often are charged with fornication or adultery).
Afghan President Hamid Karzai reportedly supported the measures, indicating a deep rift among the country’s politicians.
Afhganistan will hold an election for a new President in April 2014. No one knows whether these laws will be taken up again by the parliament before then.
In fact, as Timothy Whiteman reported for the Examiner on Dec. 19, 2012, child brides are widespread throughout the Muslim World, and have been so since the inception of Islam. To exacerbate the situation, the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia Sheikh Abdul Aziz bin Abdullah recently issued a fatwa (religious ruling) authorizing marriage for girls as young as 10-years-old.
The US Army also recognizes the widespread homosexual pedophilia in Afghanistan, citing both homosexuality and pedophilia as “taboo” Islamic subjects for American troops to ever discuss with their Afghan allies for fear of insulting and very possibly being killed by them.
But then Muslim men are only following the example set by their prophet. [Snark]
One of Muhammad’s 11 or 13 wives was Aisha, who was 5 or 6 years old when she was betrothed to the prophet. Traditional sources state that she stayed in her parents’ home until the age of 9 when the marriage was consummated with Muhammad, then 53, in Medina.
- “New U.S. Army manual forbids our soldiers from criticizing Islam,” Dec. 13, 2012.
- “Sharia Law: The Real War on Women,” July 1, 2012.
- “Islam and the real war on women,” June 1, 2012.
- “Cucumbers Too Much for Women?,” Dec. 11, 2011.
- “Religion of Peace Executes 8-Year-Old Boy by Hanging,” July 30, 2011.
Dr. Eowyn is the Editor of Fellowship of the Minds and a regular contributor to The D.C. Clothesline.COMMUNITY LINKS: Visit Our Sister Site for Articles Not Seen Here | Browse our Store for Conservative Gifts & Apparel | Join Our Free Speech Social Media Network