Last Friday, June 21, 2013, in an article about the POS’s trip to Africa, Rachel Rose Hartman of Yahoo! News called Kenya “the country of his birth”!
Someone at Yahoo! caught the Freudian slip of truth, and the reference to Obama being born in Kenya was deleted from a later version of the article.
Alas for Yahoo!, by then a screenshot of the original article already had been captured — for posterity. LOL
Noel Sheppard reports for Newsbusters, June 22, 2013:
It appears someone at Yahoo! News has opened one too many email messages from Orly Taitz.
On Friday, the website actually published a piece claiming Kenya was Barack Obama’s country of birth: […]
Someone eventually caught the error as there is now a correction:
Correction: An earlier version of this story incorrectly identified the president’s birthplace.
President Barack Obama makes the first extended trip to Africa of his presidency next week—but he won’t be stopping in his ancestral homeland.
- “Kenyans say Obama was born in Kenya,” May 29, 2013.
- “Editor of Foreign Policy says Obama was born in Kenya,” Nov. 16, 2012.
- “Obama told Hawaii classmates he was Kenyan/Indonesian royalty,” Oct. 12, 2012.
- “British National Archives show a son was born to Obama Sr. in 1961 in Kenya,” Aug. 24, 2012.
- “In 2007, Obama’s literary agent still says he was born in Kenya,” May 18, 2012.
- “Kenyan official Says Obama born In Kenya,” April 13, 2010.
- “NPR Says Obama Born In Kenya,” Apr 13, 2010.
- “Michelle Called Kenya Obama’s Home Country,” Apr 4,2010.
Dr. Eowyn is the Editor of Fellowship of the Minds and a regular contributor to The D.C. Clothesline.