Barack Obama has demonstrated that he isn’t interested in following the Constitution when it comes to implementing his policies and he’s made it abundantly clear he’ll do things, including engaging in war and advancing more gun control, with or without Congress. Obama held a meeting with several mayors and Attorney General Eric “Fast and Furious” Holder behind closed doors and told them that he would do everything in his power, including executive action to push through more gun control legislation.
The Washington Times reports:
Mr. Obama “vowed to continue doing everything in his power to combat gun violence through executive action and to press Congress to pass common-sense reforms like expanding the background check system and cracking down on gun trafficking,” the White House said in a statement.
“The president reiterated that government alone can never fill the void that causes a child to turn to violence, but that we all have a responsibility to do our part to create safe communities and save lives,” the White House said. “The president applauded the mayors for their local efforts to combat violence, solicited their input about proven methods, and pledged his Administration’s partnership.
Several mayors were in attendance. Do you see yours in this list?
- Mayor Greg Ballard (Indianapolis, IN)
- Mayor Tom Barrett (Milwaukee, WI)
- Mayor Cory Booker (Newark, NJ)
- Mayor Vincent Gray (Washington, DC)
- Mayor Sly James (Kansas City, MO)
- Mayor Kevin Johnson (Sacramento, CA)
- Mayor Mitch Landrieu (New Orleans, LA)
- Mayor Mark Mallory (Cincinnati, OH)
- Mayor Michael Nutter (Philadelphia, PA)
- Mayor Annise Parker (Houston, TX)
- Mayor Jean Quan (Oakland, CA)
- Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake (Baltimore, MD)
- Mayor Kasim Reed (Atlanta, GA)
- Mayor RT Rybak (Minneapolis, MN)
- Mayor Francis Slay (St. Louis, MO)
- Mayor Dayne Walling (Flint, MI)
- Mayor Molly Ward (Hampton, VA)
- Mayor AC Wharton (Memphis, TN)
One name missing from the bunch was Chicago mayor Rahm “You never want a serious crisis to go to waste” Emanuel, whose city has the strictest gun laws in the land, but can’t seem to stop gun violence or violent crime.
Obviously, Obama doesn’t care what the Constitution says or what the people want. Following the Democrat playbook for using national tragedies, such as the Sandy Hook shooting back in December 2012, to advance their agenda, they faced overwhelming opposition from grassroots to more gun control legislation. The administration failed miserably to expandbackground checks on gun purchases and as a result we got this priceless video of the expressions of the socialist-in-chief and his comrades pouting.
Tim Brown is the Editor of Freedom Outpost and a regular contributor to The D.C. Clothesline.