The Fukushima nuclear reactor disaster that resulted from the terrible 8.8 magnitude earthquake and ensuing tsunami that devastated eastern Japan in 2011 is still not contained and, according to some, getting worse.
Neither the U.S. nor the Japanese government is talking about it.
Neither are the mainstream media in the United States talking about it.
We have the predictable reaction from the anti-nuclear and the pro-nuclear camps:
- The anti-nukes say Fukushima is a cataclysmic and ongoing disaster.
- The pro-nukes say “Pfft! All the radioactive waste leaking from the Fukushima reactors is piddling compared to the enormous Pacific Ocean and will just be absorbed and diluted in the ocean’s vastness.”
I don’t want to be unduly alarmist, nor do I have the full information, training and expertise to properly evaluate the available evidence. So I can only defer to the reputation of the experts who were interviewed in the video below. In order of appearance, they are:
- Dr. Michio Kaku: Professor of Theoretical Physics at the City University of New York; author of two New York Times bestseller books; frequent commenter on radio, television, and film; and TV host.
- Dr. Helen Caldicott: Australian physician, author, and anti-nuclear advocate.
- Kevin Kamps: an anti-nuclear activist who is on the staff of the anti-nuclear organization, BeyondNuclear.org. He calls himself a “radioactive waste watchdog” on his LinkedIn page.
- Imad Khadduri: an Iraqi nuclear scientist who worked for the Iraqi Atomic Energy Commission over a period of 30 years; author of Iraq’s Nuclear Mirage.
- Paul Gunter: an anti-nuclear activist who is on the staff of BeyondNuclear.org and is the director of the Nuclear Oversight Project.
- Andrew DeWit: Professor of Policy Studies, Rikkyo University, Tokyo
I suggest you watch this video, make your own judgment, and urge your state and Congressional representatives to look into Fukushima.
Here are the links at the end of video:
- Fukushima Diary: http://fukushima-diary.com/
- Fukushima Facts: http://fukushimafacts.com/
- Radiation Research and Mitigation: https://www.facebook.com/pages/RadChi…
- Beyond Nuclear: http://www.beyondnuclear.org/
- Fukushima Fallout Awareness Network: https://www.facebook.com/groups/12453…
H/t FOTM’s Miss May and Joseph
Dr. Eowyn is the Editor of Fellowship of the Minds.