The height of hypocrisy.
The AP reports that before they took off on December 20 for a 17-day millions of $ vacation in Hawaii, paid for by taxpayers, the POS and FLPOS had recorded a Christmas message in Washington, encouraging Americans to embrace the spirit of Christmas by volunteering at a soup kitchen, buying gifts for kids in need or organizing food and clothing drives.
The POS said: “That’s the same spirit of giving that connects all of us during the holidays. So many people all across the country are helping out at soup kitchens, buying gifts for children in need, or organizing food or clothing drives for their neighbors. For families like ours, that service is a chance to celebrate the birth of Christ and live out what He taught us – to love our neighbors as we would ourselves; to feed the hungry and look after the sick; to be our brother’s keeper and our sister’s keeper. And for all of us as Americans, regardless of our faith, those are values that can drive us to be better parents and friends, better neighbors and better citizens.”
The FLPOS said: “So as we look to the New Year, let’s pledge ourselves to living out those values by reaching out and lifting up those in our communities who could use a hand up.” In the Republican address, Senator Jim Risch of Idaho says America’s most prized gifts include freedom and worship. He’s thanking the military for defending American freedoms.
So how did the POS and FLPOS spend their vacation in an upscale neighborhood in Oahu thus far?
- Obama has played a round of golf nearly every day.
- Obama also has been enjoying morning workouts at Marine Corps Base Hawaii in Kaneohe.
- On Sunday, Dec. 22, the entire family attended the Oregon State-Akron game as part of the Diamond Head Classic tournament in Honolulu.
- On Christmas Eve, Mooch spent about 30 minutes speaking with children tracking the progress of Santa Claus across the world with the North American Aerospace Defense Command.
- On Christmas Day, after a morning of presents and carols with their two daughters, an “exhausted-looking” Obama and a “sunburned” Mooch took a short drive to Marine Corps Base Hawaii to greet nearly 600 troops and their families gathered in a mess hall.
This year, as in the past five Christmases the POS and family had spent in Hawaii, they did NOT go to Church on either Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. And that man has the gall to say he’s a Christian and to invoke Christ in his Christmas message.
Dr. Eowyn is the Editor of Fellowship of the Minds.