Perhaps the NY Times is desperate to stave off impeachment hearings on Obama’s treasonous perfidy in Libya on September 11, 2012: A Deadly Mix in Benghazi — The New York Times
Perhaps the New York Times is trying to shore up the imploding Democrat party by deconstructing the truth on their greatest most lethal failure, Benghazi.
The New York Times published their “investigation” into the Sept. 11th Benghazi attacks on our Ambassador, US attaches and consulate. It is “filled with misleading information, including details contradicted by the U.S. government, Benghazi victims and numerous other previous news reports.”
One of the main contentions of the Times piece is that “contrary to claims by some members of Congress,” the Benghazi attack “was fueled in large part by anger at an American-made video denigrating Islam.” (more here)
The U.S. government knew about al-Qaeda’s “pep rally for jihad” in Benghazi that included calls for the murder of American diplomats — just months before terror attack.
The terrorists who attacked the Benghazi consulate last year knew the location of the safe room where Ambassador Chris Stevens and his security team sought shelter, according to a congressman who spoke for 90 minutes with the diplomatic security agent severely injured in the assault.
“He confirmed this – that it was a very well orchestrated, and well organized, almost a military operation, using military weapons and using military signals,” the late Florida Rep. Bill Young said after meeting diplomatic security agent David Ubben at Walter Reed Medical Center last summer, when both were patients there. (more here)
The State Department was told that Benghazi was a “terrorist attack” minutes after it began.
House Intelligence Committee members took to “Fox News Sunday” to question an extensive New York Times report on the 2012 attack that killed four Americans in Benghazi, Libya, saying the newspaper was wrong to suggest al-Qaeda had no involvement.
Huff Post: “What did they get wrong?” host Chris Wallace asked Rep. Mike Rogers (R-Mich.), chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.
“That al-Qaeda was not involved in this,” Rogers replied. “There was some level of pre-planning; we know that. There was aspiration to conduct an attack by al-Qaeda and their affiliates in Libya; we know that. The individuals on the ground talked about a planned tactical movement on the compound — this is the compound before they went to the annex. All of that would directly contradict what The New York Times definitively says was an exhaustive investigation.”
Rogers said that his committee has also done an “exhaustive investigation” into what happened in Benghazi, including going through 4,000 classified cables, and that the committee’s findings were very different from those of the Times.
“It tells me they didn’t talk to the people on the ground who were doing the fighting and shooting and the intelligence gathering,” Rogers said. “When you put that volume of information, I think it proves that story is just not accurate.”
Wallace also asked Rogers whether he thought there was a political motive for the White House’s statements on Benghazi, pointing to speculation that the aim was to “clear the deck” for a presidential run in 2016 by Hillary Clinton, who was secretary of state at the time of the attack.
“I find the timing odd,” Rogers said. “I don’t want to speculate on why they might do it, but I can tell you that the information that’s being presented in a way that we heard before … through the [committee] investigation [we] have been able to determine [it] is not accurate in its portrayal.”
Links of relevance include: (thanks to P Poole):
- Hearing Revelations by Deputy Chief of Mission: “The YouTube Video Was a Non-Event in Libya” here
- Congress, in bipartisan tone, disputes the New York Times report that Al-Qaeda was not involved in deadly Benghazi attack here
- More evidence linking al Qaeda to Benghazi attack
- The New York Times report contradicts its own reporting on the attack and ignores critical countervailing evidence here
- The Benghazi youtube fiction was debunked by AP a year ago here
GOP congressman blasts NY Times Benghazi claims as ‘misleading’ FOX News, December 29, 2013
A top congressional Republican is saying a new report that concludes Al Qaeda did not carry out the 2012 attack on the U.S diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, is “misleading.”
The new report published Saturday in the New York Times concludes that there was no evidence that Al Qaeda or other international terrorist groups had any role in the assault that killed four Americans on September 11, 2012, and that it appeared that the attack was fueled in large part by anger at an American-made anti-Islamic video, as the Obama administration first claimed.
New York Rep. Peter King, member and former chairman of the House’s Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, told Fox News the argument that the most overtly anti-Western militia, Ansar al-Shariah – not Al Qaeda – led the attack is an academic argument over semantics, considering Ansar al-Shariah is widely believed to be an affiliate terror group of Al Qaeda.
“It’s misleading,” King said. “It’s a distinction without a difference.”
The claims by the New York Times also conflict with other evidence, including the testimony of Greg Hicks, the deputy of Ambassador Christopher Stevens who was killed in the attack. Hicks described the video as “a non-event in Libya” at that time, and consequently not a significant trigger for the attack