I’m not sure why I’m ever surprised anymore about anything this administration does, but I just have a hard time coming to grips with the fact that we have a President who cannot be believed or trusted and who thrives on bringing chaos and discontent wherever he can. I am too old, really, to be jumping, shouting, muttering and sputtering while pacing back and forth like someone who just escaped from the nearest looney bin! This ‘consequence’ of one of his previous actions really hit me in the face as I read:
CALIF. HIGH COURT GRANTS UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANT ADMISSION TO STATE BAR (NBC News)
Apparently the California Supreme Court decided that Sergio Garcia, 36, who came to the United States unlawfully (illegally) as a child must receive his license. The State Bar of California determined, according to the report, he had met the rules for admission and his ‘lack of legal status’ in the United States should not automatically disqualify him. Did you get that? ‘His lack of legal status in the United States should not automatically disqualify him’! And my automatic question would be “why not?”. Anybody?
According to this report, there are two similar cases pending; one in Florida and one in New York. Mr. Garcia’s win could set a major precedent.But wait – don’t we have immigration laws? Well, yeah but you see what happened here, Obama got tired of waiting for Congress to do his bidding so he did his own ‘Dream Act‘, sort of. Well, you say, how did he do that – by Executive Order? Nah, he got cute about it this time. This time he gave his Customs Enforcement Director, John Morton, the ability to use ‘prosecutorial discretion’ regarding enforcement of the Law. Dutifully, explicit instructions in hand, Director Morton issued a June 17, 2011 Memorandum to all Field Office Directors, all Special Agents in Charge and all Chief Counsel, the Subject of which was: ‘Exercising Prosecutorial Discretion Consistent with the Civil Immigration Enforcement Priorities of the Agency for the Apprehension, Detention, and Removal of Aliens’.
The Memorandum is too long and detailed to repeat but you can go here to read it in full:
http://wwcomw.ice.gov/doclib/securecommunities/pdf/prosecutorial-discretion PDF file Policy Number 10075.1
I just have two items to conclude this portion:
- An ‘undocumented immigrant’ is a foreign national present in the United States without proper authorization, and
- It is curious to me that an individual who is ‘undocumented’ can be licensed to practice law who has not passed the required civics test and sworn his/her Oath of Allegiance to the U.S. Constitution.
As to ‘The Consequences of a Lawless President’:
I revert to the House Judiciary Committee Hearing of December 3, 2013, chaired by Congressman Goodlatte. There were 4 individuals testifying, 3 of whom gave no excuses for the President’s behavior. Quoting 2 of them from the record:
Jonathan Turley, Professor at George Washington University:
- “….if a President can unilaterally change the meaning of laws in substantial ways or refuse to enforce them, it takes off line that very thing that stabilizes our system”; and
- …..”Congress is the thumping heartbeat of the system”….and
- …..”I believe the President has crossed the Constitutional line” and this one
- …..”The danger is quite severe; the problem with what the President is doing is that he’s not simply posing a danger to the Constitutional system, he’s becoming the very danger the Constitution was designed to avoid….”
Michael Cannon, Cato Institute:
…..”If the people come to believe that the government is no longer constrained by the laws, then they will conclude that neither are they…..”
So, I ask, how long are we going to sit by and let a spineless Congress allow this President to ‘fundamentally transform America’ (which is actually, the only truth he has ever told) into the third world country he thinks we should be? Freedom works. Socialism/communism/ doesn’t. Choose soon.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
Grace Beau is the Editor of American Patriot.