15 days ago, he first said it.
On Jan. 15, he arrogantly and peremptorily told Senate Democrats that when Congress stands in his way, he’ll use his executive power, “I’ll act with or without Congress.”
In effect, this creature who calls him Barack Hussein Obama (among other names) has declared himself to be unchecked and unbalanced by other supposedly democratic institutions (like Congress, the Supreme Court, and the “free” press) in our supposed republic.
Tuesday night, at his 5th State of the (Dis)Union address, he said it to the whole country, under the pretense that he’s doing it for the good of the people. From the transcript of his speech (click here for video of the speech):
“Now, as president, I’m committed to making Washington work better … But what I offer tonight is a set of concrete, practical proposals to speed up growth, strengthen the middle class and build new ladders of opportunity into the middle class. Some require congressional action, and I’m eager to work with all of you. But America does not stand still, and neither will I. (Applause.) So wherever and whenever I can take steps without legislation to expand opportunity for more American families, that’s what I’m going to do. (Cheers, applause.) … I’ll act on my own ….”
1. Official Tea Party response from Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah):
2. Senator Ted Cruz (R-Texas) points out 4 things Obama didn’t say:
- Five years of the Obama Agenda have not worked, and have produced the lowest labor force participation since 1978. Millions of Americans have lost their jobs because of his economic policies.
- The word Benghazi. The Senate Intelligence Committee recently put out a report that said the attack on Benghazi was preventable, we had enough information to prevent it, and President Obama and SecState Hillary Clinton failed to do so, and to this day, no one has been held accountable.
- The letters I.R.S. Eight months ago the Inspector General at the Department of Treasury concluded the IRS improperly targeted conservatives, Tea-Party groups, pro-Israel groups, pro-life groups…No one has been indicted.
- The most striking omission: President Obama did not say a word to the over 5 million Americans whose health insurance has been canceled because of Obamacare.
3. John Molloy, Chairman of National Vietnam & Gulf War Veterans Coalition*:
I cannot believe for over an hour we were subject to listen to outright lies, falsehoods and half truths delivered by an unaccomplished narcissist bent on destroying America and hearing applause by sycophants. It is sad indeed that the role of leader of the American people is not only unfulfilled, it is held by one who thinks that he can fool ‘all of the people all of the time.’
Obama: “We ended a 12 year war, we stopped Iran’s nuclear production, we created 8 million jobs, we are not dependent on foreign oil, we will do all we can to protect the American people.”
The truth: We ended a war and failed in our objective, Iran does not allow inspectors, how many jobs did we lose (the 8 million created were jobs were holiday part time employment in total for the last five years) gas prices average $3.60/ gallon, we have no pipeline, the EPA has stifled coal production and
tax payer dollars are thrown away on venture capital energy companies which declare bankruptcy after government funding and were the Americans killed in Benghazi protected?
And these are but a few contradictions to the lies just fed to the American people.
Obama’s use of a terribly injured member of our armed forces to make a political
point is disgraceful. Obama is not only unworthy of his role as commander in
chief, he lacks the integrity of a street cleaner (I do not wish to insult street cleaners). The joint chiefs, for not objecting to such foul usage, are complicit are also unworthy to command.
I cannot help but consider that we had just been subjected to an extremely heavy and lathered dose of ‘double speak’ by an Orwellian creation and that 1984 (which was really 1948) continues to gain momentum.
We must make every effort to ensure that on Election Day in November this madness is neutralized. However, that may be too late and hope is not an option.
* The National Vietnam & Gulf War Veterans Coalition (www.veterans-coalition.org) is a 501c4 organization consisting of 70 veterans and veterans advocacy organizations whose individual membership exceeds 250,000 veterans and concerned citizens. The individuals on the Coalition’s board and staff are representatives of the member organizations.
Dr. Eowyn is the Editor of Fellowship of the Minds.COMMUNITY LINKS: Visit Our Sister Site for Articles Not Seen Here | Browse our Store for Conservative Gifts & Apparel | Join Our Free Speech Social Media Network