Kenric Ward reports for Watchdog.com, April 23, 2014, that a crosscheck of voter rolls in Virginia and Maryland by the vote-integrity group Virginia Voters Alliance (VVA) discovered 44,000 people are registered to vote in both states.
According to VVA president Reagan George, 164 people actually cast multiple ballots in Virginia and Maryland during the 2012 election.
The VVA also found 31,000 dead voters via the Social Security Administration’s Death Master File, as well as 40,000 to 60,000 dead voter registrations. “Dead voter registrations are prime targets for voter fraud which generate few complaints,” George noted.
George said the VVA will now:
- Expand their search for voters who are registered to vote in Virginia and in another state, to include the District of Columbia, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, North Carolina, Tennessee, West Virginia and Georgia.
- Identify non-citizens who have registered to vote and may have voted in past elections.
George has urged Virginia’s State Board of Elections (SBE) to:
***Visit our new FREE SPEECH community built for our readers. Click to Join The Deplorables Network Today!***
- Tighten Virginia’s voter ID law that allows absentee voters to use mailedballots without affirming their identity.
- Check the 50,000-plus patient beds in Virginia nursing homes and rehab centers amid reports of voting irregularities there.
- Require proof of citizenship to register to vote. Kansas and Arizona require this.
- Annually audit felons who are not allowed to vote.
- Control the registration process, as well as the form used to register voters. George says “The current system is the perfect vehicle for identity theft and ‘lost’ registrations.”
- Create a statewide clearinghouse for all voter fraud referrals.
- Open the SBE’s voter-crosscheck data to the public and publicize cases of voter fraud.
The three-member state board — controlled by Republicans until the end of the year — have taken VVA’s recommendations under advisement.
Dr. Eowyn’s article first appeared at Fellowship of the Minds.