The MSM refused to investigate Obama’s shadowy background and history of associating with known communists, including his childhood mentor Frank Marshall Davis, who was a card-carrying member of the American Communist Party.
Having abdicated their responsibility to investigate this man who has more names and Social Security numbers than a dog has fleas, the MSM then deploy the derisive and dismissive label of “birthers” on Americans who question Obama’s constitutional birth eligibility to be president and why he continues to conceal his school, medical and other records.
Here’s just one glaring example of media bias that you’ve probably forgotten:
In 2013, the media made a BIG thing of Republican Senator Marco Rubio (Florida) taking a sip of water during his delivery of the official GOP response to Obama’s State of the Union address. As Reuters put it: “Across the Web, from Deadspin.com to The New Yorker, and on every cable news channel, the Florida senator’s sip from a small bottle of water as he delivered the official Republican response to U.S. President Barack Obama’s on Tuesday was the moment of the evening.”
And yet the media never even so much as whispered that Obama, the President of the most powerful country in the world, was so uncouth as to PICK HIS NOSE in public on live TV.
Now, 6 years into his presidency, more and more of the MSM are complaining about Obama’s press restrictions and lack of transparency. But not one complainer has expressed remorse for colluding to get this toxic man elected twice as president.
Here are some of those in the MSM who are bitching:
1. On May 14, 2013, New York Times public editor Margaret Sullivan wrote, “it’s turning out to be the administration of unprecedented secrecy and unprecedented attacks on a free press.”
2. In June of 2013, as news came of the Obama Justice Department’s surveillance of reporters, New York Times executive editor Jill Abramson said she was “concerned that the process of news gathering is being criminalized.” In January 2014, in an interview with Al Jazeera America, Abramson called the Obama administration “the most secretive” she has ever had to contend with.
3. In October 2013, David E. Sanger, veteran chief Washington correspondent of The New York Times, said, “This is the most closed, control freak administration I’ve ever covered.”
4. Writing in October 2013, Leonard Downie Jr. said that Michael Oreskes, a senior managing editor of The Associated Press, had told him some months ago that “The Obama administration has been extremely controlling and extremely resistant to journalistic intervention. There’s a mind-set and approach that holds journalists at a greater distance.”
5. Frank Sesno, a former CNN Washington bureau chief who is now director of the School of Media and Public Affairs at George Washington University, said the Obama administration imposes limitations on “everyday access necessary for the administration to explain itself and be held accountable.”
6. Financial Times correspondent Richard McGregor said “covering this White House is pretty miserable in terms of getting anything of substance to report on in what should be a much more open system.”
7. CBS veteran television news anchor and chief Washington correspondent Bob Schieffer said “This administration exercises more control than George W. Bush’s did, and his before that.”
8. In November 2013, a large group of news organizations sent a letter to the White House protesting limited access for their photographers at newsworthy events involving the president: “The restrictions imposed by the White House on photographers covering these events, followed by the routine release by the White House of photographs made by government employees of these same events, is an arbitrary restraint and unwarranted interference on legitimate newsgathering activities. You are, in effect, replacing independent photojournalism with visual press releases.”
9. On March 10, 2014, after 21 years with the CBS network as its Washington bureau correspondent and occasional Evening News substitute anchor, Sharyl Attkisson resigned from CBS News, reportedly due to frustration over the network’s liberal bias and lack of dedication to investigative reporting.
10 . On March 21, 2014, Pulitzer Prize-winning New York Times’ foreign policy reporter James Risen called the Obama administration “the greatest enemy of press freedom that we have encountered in at least a generation,” and warned that the White House seeks to control the flow of information and those who refuse to play along “will be punished.” Risen also said “I think Obama hates the press.”
11. On Oct. 3, 2014, at a recent joint meeting of the American Society of News Editors, the Associated Press Media Editors and the Associated Press Photo Managers, the Associated Press’ Washington Bureau chief Sally Buzbee detailed 8 ways the Obama administration is restricting access to information.
12. On Oct. 25, 2014, speaking at a White House Correspondents’ Association seminar, USA Today Washington Bureau Chief Susan Page called the Obama White House not only “more restrictive” but also “more dangerous” to the press than any other in history.
Karma is a bitch!
- Incestuous relationship between the media and the Obama regime
- Vote for the Worst Media Bias of 2012!
- Media hypocrisy on Moochelle’s $6,800 jacket
- Media bias: NBC admits over-polling Democrats
- John Kerry Tells Media: No Equal Time for Tea Party
- What the U.S. Media Won’t Report
Dr. Eowyn’s post first appeared at Fellowship of the Minds.COMMUNITY LINKS: Visit Our Sister Site for Articles Not Seen Here | Browse our Store for Conservative Gifts & Apparel | Join Our Free Speech Social Media Network