In a story that isn’t getting national media coverage, it’s now being reveled that minutes before Officer Darren Wilson shot and killed Michael Brown in Ferguson that he was engaged in helping to save the life of a two-year-old child, who just may have been black.
According to Opposing Views:
The report goes on to describe how Wilson responded to a call at Ferguson’s Northwinds Apartment Complex for an “emergency involving a 2-year-old child who had trouble breathing.” While attending to the sick child and the mother, Wilson reportedly got a call about the convenience store incident, but instead of responding himself, he reportedly stood with the family until health care workers arrived at the scene. It was only after they arrived that he responded to the theft call and, eventually, ran into Brown in the middle of the street.
In the report, Whiteman claims that the sick baby was “most likely” black because of a past report in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that talks about the demographic of people living at the apartment complex in question.
“However, the Saint Louis Post-Dispatch reported on Oct. 18, 2014 that the very same Northwinds Apartment complex as one of many federally designated Section 8 Housing projects that the Post-Dispatch described as an ‘amalgam of crime, mismanagement and African-American poverty,'” reported Whiteman. “Furthermore, the Post-Dispatch made note that of the slew of low income projects (to include Northwinds) in St. Louis County, the overwhelming number of residents are black. According to the newspaper, ’99 percent [are] African-American.’ The remaining 1 percent is divided between whites, Latinos, American Indians, Pacific Islanders, East Asians and those of mixed races.”
The reported concluded that while there was no concrete evidence the child was black, all the demographic evidence points to that assumption.
However, the larger issue is that Officer Wilson was not one that seemed to take life lightly, but rather showed compassion for his fellow man and the citizens he served in Ferguson.
The fact that he waited with the family and child till medical help arrived and didn’t just jump in his car and head out looking for the so-called “gentle giant” speaks volumes too. He definitely put the life of the child ahead of a convenience store robbery. In other words, acts like this fly in the face of the claims of the Brown family and others that Wilson was a cold-blooded murderer.
However, one wonders about the mindset of many of Wilson’s critics. After announcing on ABC’s Good Morning America that he and his wife are expecting a baby, several liberals tweeted out these kinds of comments:
Ferguson Cop Darren Wilson Is Expecting a Child, unknown if he'll shoot the baby when he raises his arms for a hug. @absrdNEWS
— Proud ghost dad (@kim_il_ghost) November 26, 2014
— Almost 40… So NO and Hell Nah (@SimplyYoso) November 26, 2014
So this cousin f*ckin Neanderthal Darren Wilson is gonna have a baby. Just what the world needs: A bouncing bundle of racism.
— J.K.Drawlin (@VisionPoet) November 26, 2014
Seriously, after reading some of these comments, hearing Louis Head calling on protesters to “burn this b*tch down,” hearing the stories of Michael Brown’s mother and her posse and various other supporters of the Brown family, who sounds more psychotic and more apt to needlessly take a life, Darren Wilson or them? My money is on those who have already engaged in verbal assaults and the destruction of private property. What about you?
Courtesy of Freedom Outpost.