Recently Congressional black staffers walked out of work, with their hands raised in the “hands up, don’t shoot” pose, in protest against “police violence” and against the grand jury decisions exhonerating the cops who shot Michael Brown and Eric Garner in Ferguson and New York, respectively.
A new FOX News poll also found that a majority of both whites and blacks believe race relations have worsened since Obama became president.
But who’s to blame for America’s worsening race relations?
The race baiters and useful idiots like the Congressional black staffers and the thousands of Americans who have protested and rioted and burned would have you believe that it’s racist white cops and racist white Americans who are culpable for the worsening race relations.
There are just four things wrong with their accusations:
- If Americans are so racist, then why has Obama been elected President not just once, but twice?
- Black cops actually kill more black felons than white cops — twice the rate — according to the Department of Justice’s Bureau of Justice Statistics.
- Although blacks account for disproportionately more violent crimes, the rate of black felons being killed by police has actually declined, whereas the rate of white felons being killed by police has increased. (Bureau of Justice Statistics)
- Instead of white cops killing black felons, the real problem that no one talks about is one of blacks disproportionately killing cops. Young black males murdered police officers at a rate almost 6 times that of young white males. (Bureau of Justice Statistics)
Well, there’s at least one black man in America — and a sheriff no less — who disagrees with the race baiters and the useful idiots.
Appearing on FOX News’ “The Kelly File” with Megyn Kelly last Thursday, Dec. 11, Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke lays America’s worsening race relations squarely on Barack Hussein Obama. Referring to Obama, Sheriff Clarke said:
“He built this racial divide. It was a wound that had been healing for a number of years, a number of decades…and he reopened it with his divisive politics. Look, President Obama has benefited from the ‘divide and conquer strategy’ and it secured two successive electoral victories for the White House, but it’s been very destructive for America. Who would have thought that with the election of the first black president of the United States, that we would need a period of Reconstruction to put this country back together.”
Asked what specifically Obama has done or not done to worsen race relations, Sheriff Clarke said:
“He’s taken sides in these issues, he’s fanned those flames…. It started back in the [Henry Louis] Gates situation, remember, where he [Obama] talked about police acting stupidly and insinuated that the police was engaged in some sort of racial profiling…. Instead of taking a more neutral tone and try to get people to stay calm about this matter, he fanned those flames. This was a chance for Barack Obama to have a Gettysburg Address moment, when he could have asked the country to come back together and heal. And instead, all we got out of him is being present.”
Asked if it’s Obama himself who’s fanning the racial flames or “the people around him” like Eric Holder, Sheriff Clarke said:
“Well, it’s all of them…but he’s [Obama] at the top. And when the president speaks, people listen. He has to choose his words carefully and he didn’t do that when he made the police all across America whipping posts and painted them as blood thirsty, engaging in racial profiling….
He said the other day that he blamed bad training and this fear of ‘people who don’t look like them’ when he was referring to the police. I thought that was disgusting. So while he may throw…a few bones [to the police] to try to smooth things out, people know what he is doing. I said a couple of weeks ago he does this stuff with a wink and a nod [i.e., Obama speaks with forked tongue].”
Asked about all the “hands up, don’t shoot” walk-outs by black Congressional staffers, basketballers and footballers, and yet there’s been no protest about the real racism of Hollywood producers chatting in the Sony leaked emails that Obama must like this black movie and that black movie, Sheriff Clarke called the emails “tasteless” but the Hollywood producers are “people on the left” who always “get away with it” but who are “exposed” for “who they really are,” i.e., real racists. Then Sheriff Clarke said:
“Look, we’re gonna have this bigger discussion about race…. We have to begin to ask when white society is going to be through paying for the sins of slavery. We’re now punishing people for sins that they didn’t commit. At some point, and I’ve done this myself — I’ve forgiven, I’ve moved on, I’ve stamped that bill marked for the wrongs of slavery ‘PAID IN FULL.’ This country is now open to opportunities for all people…. The President of the United States said the other day that it [racism] is deep-rooted, and that’s simply not true. So we have to have that discussion as to when we are really ready to move on and forgive people, especially people today who have no connection to what’s been talked about anyway.”
I love this man, Sheriff David Clarke.
Thank you, Sheriff Clarke, for your righteousness, your sense of justice, and for speaking the truth!
Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. is the 64th Sheriff of Milwaukee County, having assumed office in March 2002. Here’s his bio.
Here’s contact info for the good sheriff:
David A. Clarke Jr., Sheriff
Milwaukee County Sheriff
821 West State Street, Room 107
Milwaukee, WI 53233
Ph: (414) 278-4766
Email: sheriff[email protected]
H/t Clash Daily
- Obama says cops kill blacks because ‘they look different‘
- Farrakhan threatens race war, as “teens” kill white man with hammers
- Racist Farrakhan Blames ‘Whites’ For Obama’s Troubles
- White president of California State University: All light-skinned people are racist
- Those who are fanning Ferguson riots into a race war
- Wonder who motivates the race hatred?
- Only 1 in 10 Americans think race relations have improved under Obama
- Righteous Blacks speak out against Ferguson riots
- A Primer on Race by Thomas Sowell
- Black Republicans file Articles of Impeachment against Obama
- Black senator: Why I’m no longer a Democrat
- Black neurosurgeon delivers stunning critique of Obama’s America
- Rev. Manning decries black violence
- Black man tells blacks to stop the race card
Dr. Eowyn’s post first appeared at Fellowship of the Minds.