Planned Parenthood (PP) and its supporters insist that abortion isn’t its main focus, but that PP provides important “healthcare” services for women, like mammograms and pap smears.
Now an analysis by the pro-life Susan B. Anthony List shows that’s a lie.
Abortion actually accounts for a whopping 94% of PP’s “service.” Worse still, we taxpayers — including pro-lifers who adamantly oppose the killing of the unborn — are subsidizing PP’s very profitable slaughter of innocent human beings, to the tune of over $528 million or 41% of PP’s revenue last year.
From Susan B. Anthony List, Dec. 31, 2014:
The fact sheet details the decline in Planned Parenthood’s non-abortion services:
- In 2013, Planned Parenthood performed 327,653 abortions. Over the past three reported years, Planned Parenthood has performed nearly one million abortions.
- In 2013, abortions made up 94% of Planned Parenthood’s pregnancy services.
- For every adoption referral, Planned Parenthood performed 174 abortions.
- While abortions rose, Planned Parenthood adoption referrals dropped 14% in one year, and prenatal care services dropped 4%.
- Planned Parenthood’s cancer prevention services are down 17% over one year, and contraceptive services dropped by 4%.
Details on Planned Parenthood’s finances:
- During fiscal year 2013-2014, Planned Parenthood received more than $528 million in taxpayer funding, or more than $1.4 million per day, in the form of government grants, contracts, and Medicaid reimbursements.
- Taxpayer funding accounts for 41% of Planned Parenthood’s overall revenue.
- Planned Parenthood reported more than $127 million in excess revenue, and more than $1.4 billion in net assets.
After reviewing the report, SBA List President Marjorie Dannenfelser made the following comments:
“The abortion rate may be declining across America, but not in Planned Parenthood clinics. Their latest annual report is fresh evidence that Planned Parenthood remains an abortion-centered, profit-driven business. In 2013, Planned Parenthood upped the number of abortions they performed to 327,653. Meanwhile, their already limited cancer screenings, prenatal services, adoption referrals – and even contraception services – continue to drop.Planned Parenthood claims to be an altruistic health care provider for women and girls but their bottom line is all about abortion.”
- Planned Parenthood: No need to tell sex partners you have AIDS
- Planned Parenthood promotes sadomasochism as harmless fun
- Corporate donors to Planned “Parenthood” abortion-mill
- United Way Gave $2M to Abortion-Mill Planned Parenthood
- Catholic Seattle University Offers Planned Parenthood Internships
- Planned Abortionhood pimps for Obama
Dr. Eowyn’s post first appeared at Fellowship of the Minds.