More than a dozen media organizations, including NBC, Fox, Turner Broadcasting, Reuters, and the conservative NewsMax — the very news media who cover Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign — are big donors to her Clinton Foundation that is accused of trading State Department favors to foreign governments in return for their lucrative “donations.”
(See “Hillary and Bill Clinton got millions in bribes from foreign ‘entities’ in exchange for State Dept favors“)
How is this not a conflict of interest?
Dylan Byers writes for Politico, May 15, 2015, that more than a dozen media organizations that have made charitable contributions to the non-profit tax-exempt Clinton Foundation in recent years, the foundation’s records show.
The donations, which range from the low-thousands to the millions, provide a picture of the media industry’s ties to the Clinton Foundation at a time when one of its most notable personalities, ABC’s George Stephanopoulos, is under scrutiny for his previously undisclosed $75,000 contribution to the Foundation.
The following list, organized by the size of the “contribution,” includes news media organizations, companies, and individuals that have donated to the Clinton Foundation.
- Carlos Slim, Chairman & CEO of Telmex, largest New York Timesshareholder.
- James Murdoch (editor’s note: Son of Rupert Murdoch), Chief Operating Officer of 21st Century Fox, the holdings of which include the Fox Entertainment Group—owners of the 20th Century Fox film studio and Fox television network.
- Newsmax Media, Florida-based conservative media network.
- Thomson Reuters, owner of the Reuters news service.
- News Corporation Foundation, philanthropic arm of former Fox News parent company.
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Publisher
- Richard Mellon Scaife, the supposedly conservative owner of Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
- Abigail Disney, documentary filmmaker
- Bloomberg Philanthropies
- Howard Stringer, former CBS, CBS News and Sony executive
- Intermountain West Communications Company, local television affiliate owner (formerly Sunbelt Communications)
- Bloomberg L.P.
- Discovery Communications Inc.
- George Stephanopoulos, ABC News chief anchor and chief political correspondent
- Mort Zuckerman, owner of New York Daily News and U.S. News & World Report
- Time Warner Inc., owner of CNN parent company Turner Broadcasting
- Hollywood Foreign Press Association, presenters of the Golden Globe Awards
- Viacom, a 2005 spinoff from CBS Corporation
- Knight Foundation, non-profit foundation dedicated to supporting journalism
- Public Radio International
- Turner Broadcasting, parent company of CNN
- Comcast, parent copmany of NBCUniversal
- NBC Universal, parent company of NBC News, MSNBC and CNBC
- Public Broadcasting Service
- Robert Allbritton, owner of POLITICO parent company Capitol News Group
- AOL Huffington Post Media Group
- Hearst Corporation
- Judy Woodruff, PBS Newshour co-anchor and managing editor
- The Washington Post Company
- Incestuous relationship between the media and the Obama regime
- Media bias: NBC admits over-polling Democrats
- Study Shows Social Media Censor Conservatives, Christians
- Media Bias: coverage of govt shutdown victims vs. Obamacare victims 100 to 1
- Media hypocrisy on Moochelle’s $6,800 jacket
- John Kerry Tells Media: No Equal Time for Tea Party
- Vote for the Worst Media Bias of 2012!
- Distrust in media at all-time high; only 4 of 10 Americans closely follow politics
- What the U.S. Media Won’t Report
- Media Conspired to Protect Obama
Dr. Eowyn’s post first appeared at Fellowship of the Minds.