A measure to defund Planned Parenthood failed in the Senate on Monday, Aug. 3, 2015.
The vote was 53 to 46 not to defund, i.e., a vote “for” means to continue
federal government’s taxpayers’ funding of the abortion mill that sells aborted babies’ body parts (their livers are in high demand) and tissue for profit.
Although the 2014 mid-term elections voted a Republican majority to the Senate, their slim majority of 54 (vs. 44 Democrats, 2 Independents) is not sufficient to approve a measure or pass a bill. For that, 60 votes are needed.
The Senate vote to defund the abortion mill mostly fell along party lines. To their credit, two Democrats — Sens. Joe Donnelly (Ind.) and Joe Manchin (W.Va.) — broke from their party by voting to defund.
In a statement to The Hill, Sen. Donnelly said he was “very concerned” by what he had seen in the Planned Parenthood videos. “While Planned Parenthood clinics in Indiana do not partake in fetal tissue donation and were found to be following the law, today’s vote is about Planned Parenthood clinics around the country. I cannot in good faith support federal funding for this organization until the questions of whether other clinics are complying with federal and state laws are answered.”
Three Republican senators ensured the failure of the measure to defund Planned Abortionhood:
- Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Illinois) voted againstdefunding the abortion mill, saying he faces a tough reelection next year, thereby placing his political ambition ahead of moral principles. Judas Iscariot, too, sold Jesus for 30 pieces of silver. Kirk also cites the alleged preventive health services that Planned Parenthood provides, despite the fact that:
- Abortion accounts for 94% of Planned Parenthood’s business.
- The defunding bill would protect women’s access to those preventive health services because the roughly $500 million in federal funding withdrawn from Planned Parenthood would be redistributed to other organizations, including community health centers across America which serve more people (21 million) than Planned Parenthood (2.7 million).
- Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Kentucky) also voted against defunding Planned Parenthood, allegedly to preserve the option of bringing up the bill again — whatever that means.
- Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), who is running for president, contributed to the measure’s defeat by not voting, thereby signaling that he stands for nothing. He was the only member of the Senate to have missed the vote. Graham should know that in Dante’s Inferno, the vestibule (or entrance) to Hell is populated with souls, carrying white blank flags, who had stood for nothing in their mortal lives.
Thankfully, the failure of the Senate vote to defund the evil Planned Parenthood is just the beginning of what is expected to be a long fight.
The pro-life group behind the undercover videos, the Center for Medical Progress, has more videos to release in the weeks, thereby ensuring that Planned Parenthood’s ghoulish activities will continue to be in the spotlight. Five videos have been released, and there may be as many as 10 more to come.
Some Republicans already have their sights on the government funding debate in September, raising the prospect of a government shutdown if the sides cannot agree on whether to fund the group or not. 18 House conservatives wrote a letter to Republican leaders saying they will not vote for any spending bill that includes Planned Parenthood funding, and that number could grow during the August recess.
Source: The Hill
Obama has already vowed that he would veto any spending that strips funding from Planned Parenthood. To all those who voted for Obama in 2008 and in 2012, the blood of the innocent unborns is on your hands.
Taxpayers are being forced to fund Planned Parenthood, to the tune of $500 million a year (!), against our conscience. That is evil.
Tell your Congress critters to defund Planned Parenthood! Click here.
- Planned Parenthood counsels teen to defecate and urinate on sexual partner
- Companies that fund Planned Parenthood’s sale of aborted baby body parts
Dr. Eowyn’s article first appeared at Fellowship of the Minds.COMMUNITY LINKS: Visit Our Sister Site for Articles Not Seen Here | Browse our Store for Conservative Gifts & Apparel | Join Our Free Speech Social Media Network