Joe Otterson reports for The Wrap, Aug. 25, 2o15:
Costume company Spirit Halloween is facing serious backlash after offering a Caitlyn Jenner costume in time for Halloween.
The costume recreates Jenner’s look when she debuted as a woman on the cover of Vanity Fair in June, complete with shorts, a padded top, a wig, and a sash that reads, “Call Me Caitlyn.”
Twitter blew with expressions of anger about the costume, with some calling it “disgraceful,” “hurtful,” and “transphobic.”
Here are some of the tweets:
- Connor ‘X’ Hepburn: “Why would you produce a Halloween costume for@Caitlyn_Jenner? That’s basically saying trans is all a joke as its only fake?”
- Marni Panas: “@Caitlyn_Jenner Halloween costume: Mocking the#transgender community is degrading, disrespectful & harmful. We are humans, not jokes.”
- em: “‘caitlyn jenner halloween costume’ time for me to backflip the fuck out of this society onto a rocket ship i am leaving for space. goodbye”
- Shawna Seth: “There’s a Caitlyn Jenner Halloween costume, and it’s not okay. Tell @SpiritHalloween to stop cashing in on bigotry”
- andrew: “The Caitlyn Jenner Halloween costume is like a really bad idea”
- Courtney S: “Am I the only one who thinks that a Caitlyn Jenner inspired Halloween costume is extremely insensitive?! Wtf is wrong w/ ppl”
- RJ Edwards: “TW for transmisogyny! I just saw an ad for a Caitlyn Jenner Halloween costume and I hate this planet!!”
- RXB SPXXRS: “The struggle that Caitlyn Jenner has to face isn’t a Halloween costume. Whoever made this is a shitty person.”
IMHO, Spirit Halloween should complete the “Call Me Caitlyn” Halloween costume with a mask:
***Visit our new FREE SPEECH community built exclusively for our readers. Click to Join The Deplorables Network Today!***
Dr. Eowyn’s post first appeared at Fellowship of the Minds.