The Muslim Student Association at San Diego State University is calling on officials at the public, taxpayer-funded school develop a formal policy outlawing political speech they dislike and commentary about Islam that they find offensive and blasphemous under sharia law.
Daily Caller: “We demand that the SDSU administration enact a zero tolerance policy explicitly for Islamophobic speech and actions. The goal of the far-reaching demands, Muslim Student Association members say, is to prevent anyone from grabbing a hijab in the future.
The highlight of the extensive list of demands from “We the Muslim Student Association at San Diego State University” is a call for a ban on “Islamophobic speech.”
We the Muslim Student Association at San Diego State University:
Demands of Students:
- We demand that the students who witnessed the attack step forward and help aid in the investigation
- We demand that students create a more inclusive campus climate by promoting tolerance and acceptance between different cultures and religions
Demand of SDSU Administration:
- We demand that the SDSU administration enact a zero tolerance policy explicitly for Islamophobic speech and actions as well as targeted bigotry towards any other identity group
- We demand that the SDSU administration make bystander training mandatory for faculty, staff, and students
- We demand that the SDSU administration increase coursework offered on Islam that is balanced and comprehensive to create a more informed and accepting SDSU community – and alleviate misconceptions and hate toward the Muslim students on campus
- We demand that the SDSU administration provide substantially more funding for The Center for Intercultural Relations as necessitated by the needs of the students, and to give the Center more autonomy in representing the best interests of marginalized students
- We demand that the SDSU administration address, alleviate, and eliminate systems of oppression that disproportionately target students of color, womyn, and all marginalized students on campus
Demand of our Local, State, and National leaders:
- We demand that our government officials at a local, state, and federal level cease their fear mongering anti-Islamic rhetoric, and that they recognize that the dehumanization of refugees and scapegoating of the Muslim faith enables an environment for attacks like this to occur
The San Diego State Muslim Student Association originally cooked up the demands — eight in total — last month, after an unidentified female Muslim student claimed she was attacked by a white male in a parking lot on campus. The attack allegedly occurred on the afternoon of Thursday, Nov. 19 — six days after a series of coordinated terrorist attacks in Paris, France.
The white assailant allegedly ran up behind the Muslim student and grabbed her hijab, she claimed. He then called her a terrorist, “choked her with the hajib” and said she should “get out of this country,” according to a contemporaneous report by The San Diego Union-Tribune.
Witnesses — also unidentified — failed to intervene, the hijab-wearing student alleged.
In addition to a ban on certain offensive speech, the Muslim Student Association is also clamoring for the state-supported school to “make bystander training mandatory for faculty, staff, and students.” (“Bystander training” is instruction to encourage people to report crimes and problems.)
San Diego State’s Muslims also demand more coursework “offered on Islam,” “substantially more funding for The Center for Intercultural Relations” and the complete elimination of “systems of oppression that disproportionately target students of color, women, and all marginalized students on campus.”
A policy banning “Islamophobic speech” at a state-funded university in California would be unlikely to withstand constitutional scrutiny. None of the eight demands of the San Diego State’s Muslim students have been met.
The California state constitution states: “Every person may freely speak, write and publish his or her sentiments on all subjects, being responsible for the abuse of this right. A law may not restrain or abridge liberty of speech or press.”
Walid Shoebat is a former member of the Muslim Brotherhood who was converted to Christianity, and author of the book, God’s War on Terror.
Courtesy of Freedom Outpost.
Dean is Back!!!
After two years I have regained my eyesight and I'm back.
I have overcome my health issues thanks to prayers, perseverance and GOD!
But my finances are in bad shape and I need help to get my children back (wife kicked me out).
If you can help financially please click here. If money is tight, I'd still welcome prayers. Please.
Thank YOU and God Bless!