People are plugging their cell phones in to charge and placing them under their pillows while they sleep at night, overheating the phones and causing them to burst into flames.

Never mind that they don’t even realize they are probably slow killing themselves with cancer-causing non-ionizing radiation all night long every night while they sleep. Brain tumors and adrenal burnout aside, people are literally catching their beds (and potentially their heads) on fire doing this, too.

take our poll - story continues below
Completing this poll grants you access to DC Clothesline updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

This is a thing that apparently happens often enough that the NYPD is officially warning people about it.

The sad part is that some people have to be warned by police to not do things that might cause them to die because common sense is largely dead.

Related Reads:

Video: FEMA Camp For Idiots But They Too Stupid To Know It

Latest Trending Stupidity: Kid Almost Kills Self Taking “The Duct Tape Challenge”

VIDEO: 20 More Stupid Things Said by U.S. Politicians

Piper writes for The Daily Sheeple. There’s a lot of B.S. out there. Someone has to write about it.