Donors gave to the Keep the Promise Super PAC, which was created to support Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) campaign for president. However, though they gave believing the Super PAC’s mission statement that all funds would be used to aid Cruz in his presidential race, at least $500,000 was given to former GOP presidential candidate Carly Fiorina‘s Super PAC, Carly for America. Now, an attorney has requested information regarding the half million dollar donation from the Super PAC and filed a complaint with the Federal Elections Commission.
Attorney Orly Taitz has officially requested information pertaining to the donation and complained to the FEC.
If no action was taken, a request is being made herein for investigation and action based on fraudulent diversion of this aforementioned half a million dollars of donations.
- It was reported in a number of articles (Exhibit 2) that allegedly aforementioned half a million dollars was given to Fiorina campaign by Cruz superPAC to keep Fiorina quiet due to alleged affair and cooperation between Fiorina’s deputy campaign manager Sarah Isgur Flores and Ted Cruz. Again, under 5 USC 552, it is hereby requested for the FEC to provide any and all documentation of any action taken on this matter. If no action was taken, it is hereby requested for FEC to investigate whether there was a coordination between Keep The Promise 1 superPAC and Cruz and Fiorina campaigns to improperly divert the donations to silence Fiorina.
- After near zero showing in polls and primaries Fiorina suspended her campaign and is currently campaigning in support of Cruz and appearing with Cruz at his rallies, mostly as an opener, to warm up Cruz supporters prior to Cruz speeches. Fiorina’s campaign employee, Liz Mayer, opened yet another superPAC, “Keep America Owesome”. http://makeamericaawesome.com/about/#sthash.peFTMhGP.dpbs.
This superPAC has been circulating unflattering pictures of Melania Trump, wife of the leading presidential candidate, Donald Trump. Considering Liz Mayer’s work for Fiorina and current Fiorina’s work for Cruz campaign, it appears that there is a collusion to create another bogus superPAC and impermissible coordination between this superPAC and Fiorina and Cruz campaigns. What makes this even more suspicious, is the fact that both Fiorina campaign and “Make America Owesome” superPAC provide the same address for donations: PO Box 26141, Alexandria, VA, 22313, which raises a presumption of comingling of funds (Exhibit 1). As such, it is hereby requested under 5USC 552 for any and all documentation in possession of FEC on this matter and for an investigation due to impermissible coordination between aforementioned campaigns and superPACs.
According to the Keep the Promise website:
Keep the Promise I is dedicated to the restoration of America’s greatness, at home and abroad. Our federal government has become a bloated morass of dysfunctional, unresponsive elites.
Cronyism, back room deals, executive orders, and inept foreign policy have become business as usual. We are committed to stopping this broken system.
That is why Keep the Promise I proudly supports Ted Cruz, a seasoned and firm Constitutionalist.
As President, Ted Cruz will:
- Restore the faith in a smaller federal government
- Ensure equal opportunity for ALL Americans
- Unleash a dynamic free market
- Rebuild our national defense
- Restore our standing around the world
Join us. (Emphasis mine)
Here is the contribution in question.
This was questioned by the FEC last year in this letter.
Some have suggested that this was “hush money” paid to the Fiorina campaign over allegations that Ted Cruz engaged in adultery with Fiorina staffer Sarah Isgur Flores. Though Flores has provided glowing analysis of Ted Cruz this week, I have yet to read a report where she has denied the allegations of adultery with Ted Cruz. That does not mean she has, it just means she has not denied the allegations.
However, so far, there is no evidence of adultery on Ted Cruz’s part, as I stated earlier, just as there is no evidence that the $500,000 is “hush money” for an alleged affair.
Keep in mind though that Fiorina has come out and endorsed Cruz following a miserable showing in her GOP presidential bid. Perhaps, that is the reason for the money, though this was given to Carly for America when she was still in the primaries, so not sure that makes sense.
CBS received an email from Kellyanne Conway, president of Keep the Promise, in which she wrote, “Keep the Promise I made the donation in June to Ms. Fiorina at that time because we thought she had important things to say that weren’t being heard, including her poignant and effective criticism of Mrs. Clinton, at the time, the likely Democratic nominee.”
“However,” she added, “We are all in for Ted Cruz for President, as our current activities demonstrate, and will continue to support him and his message all the way to the White House.”
I must say that something is rotten in Denmark. It does not make the least bit of sense that one PAC would donate to a rival PAC, especially when that PAC is receiving funds that donors assume are to support the candidate of that PAC, not a rival. Frankly, it seems deceptive and dishonest to take money people paid to support Ted Cruz and then give it to Carly Fiorina to support her, as stated by Ms. Conway. Donors should be holding Keep the Promise to account, unless they are perfectly fine with their money going to a candidate they don’t support.
Courtesy of Freedom Outpost