The Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) has a race-based funding policy: schools get more funds if their white student population is below 30%.
A perverse consequence of LAUSD’s race-based preferential funding policy is that if a school has a white student population of over 30%, then the school gets penalized with budget cuts.
How is this not racially discriminatory against whites?
John Gregory reports for ABC7, March 26, 2017, that the racial formula was a condition imposed by court decisions dealing with desegregation in the 1970s.
But outrage has grown at the highly-regarded Walter Reed Middle School in North Hollywood, as the school faces layoffs and increased class sizes due to a law limiting funds for schools with a higher white student body.
In a letter to Walter Reed’s parents, LAUSD noted the school had been above the 30% white percentage for the past couple years.
In an attempt to lessen the budget cuts, the district changed the school’s spending formula to one based on the number of students. Still, several jobs will be lost and class sizes could grow.
Parent Sheila Edmiston said, “Thankfully we’re going to keep our librarian. We’re going to keep our nurse, but we may lose a few teachers, but not as many as we once thought.”
But for many parents, the race-based reason of “too many white students” has made the cuts more difficult to swallow because of what the the cuts might mean for their children. Rosemary Estrada said, “When your class sizes are getting larger and you’re taking resources away from students, I mean as parents, you do want your kid to go out to college.”
- Liberal Insanity: Milk is now racist
- Leftwing Lunacy: Trees & national parks are racist
- Insane Academe: Professor blames white people for her PMS
- Oklahoma HS teacher tells class: ‘To be white is to be racist’
- Towson University hosts presentation: ‘white people are a plague’
- Black U. of West Georgia students advocate white genocide at Harvard debate
- Taxpayers paid black ‘comedian’ to deliver racist anti-white hate at federal agency
- Taxpayer-Funded Professor: ‘Whiteness’ Is ‘Terror’
- Rutgers ‘professor’: ‘There are no good white people … only less bad white people’
- White president of California State University: All light-skinned people are racist
- Texas school teacher to whites who disagree about Ferguson: ‘Kill yourselves’
- Black mob in Chicago attacks woman and children in car for being white
- Farrakhan threatens race war, as “teens” kill white man with hammers
Dr. Eowyn’s post first appeared at Fellowship of the Minds