Amazingly, the 75-year-old Chicagoan is not being criminally charged for legally defending himself.
From Daily Herald:
A 75-year-old man shot a 14-year-old who authorities say was in the man’s Lake County driveway trying to break into his car, and the five teens accused of being the boy’s accomplices are charged with his murder.
Though none of the five are accused of pulling the trigger, they are charged under a state law known as the felony murder rule, which allows a person to be charged with the murder of an accomplice killed in the commission of certain crimes.
[…] The 75-year-old homeowner, who police say has a valid FOID card and concealed carry permit, has not been charged.
The teens also led police on an extensive, 125 mph chase.
More Self-Defense Stories:
- Watch: This Is What Happens When the Good Guy Has a Gun
- Texas: Charges Dropped Against Couple Who Shot Deputy After DA Rules It Was Self-Defense
- “Constitutional carry” is the only REAL self-defense solution — Americans should never have to BEG government for the right to keep and bear arms
- Liberals say women should just “agree” to be robbed, mugged or raped, since self-defense is now BAD
- Oregon Democrats push new bill to OUTLAW self-defense