POSTED BY: CHRIS BADGER THOMAS
On Thursday, Walgreens joined Kroger and Walmart in banning open carry in their stores, Breitbart reports.
Walgreens posted a short statement on the issue, which says, “We are joining other retailers in asking our customers to no longer openly carry firearms into our stores other than authorized law enforcement officials.”
Walgreens Statement Regarding Open Carry in Our Stores
05 September 2019We are joining other retailers in asking our customers to no longer openly carry firearms into our stores other than authorized law enforcement officials.
Kroger is asking its customers not to openly carry guns in their stores. They are also encouraging elected officials to strengthen background check laws.
The grocery store chain’s announcement came the same day Walmart made a similar request. Walmart also said it will stop selling handgun and short-barrel rifle ammunition.
“Kroger is respectfully asking that customers no longer openly carry firearms into our stores, other than authorized law enforcement officers. We are also joining those encouraging our elected leaders to pass laws that will strengthen background checks and remove weapons from those who have been found to pose a risk for violence.
A year ago, Kroger made the conscious decision to completely exit the firearm and ammunition business when we stopped selling them in our Fred Meyer stores in the Pacific Northwest. Kroger has demonstrated with our actions that we recognize the growing chorus of Americans who are no longer comfortable with the status quo and who are advocating for concrete and common sense gun reforms.” ~ Jessica Adelman, group vice president of corporate affairs
Walmart CEO Doug McMillon used a memo to announce the open carry ban: “We believe the opportunity for someone to misinterpret a situation, even in open carry states, could lead to tragic results. We hope that everyone will understand the circumstances that led to this new policy and will respect the concerns of their fellow shoppers and our associates.”
- Walmart CEO Doug McMillon on Thursday called for a national debate on whether an assault weapons ban that Congress let expire in 2004 would be effective “in keeping weapons made for war out of the hands of mass murderers.”
- The retailer also released for the first time some of the data for its own gun sales: Walmart estimates it has a 2% share of the U.S. firearms market and 20% of ammunition sales.
- Walmart is declining calls for it to stop selling guns after recent shootings killed more than 20 people at two of its stores in Mississippi and Texas.
“In the national conversation around gun safety, we’re encouraged that broad support is emerging to strengthen background checks and to remove weapons from those who have been determined to pose an imminent danger. The re-authorization of the assault weapons ban should be debated to determine its effectiveness in keeping weapons made for war out of the hands of mass murderers.”
Chris “Badger” Thomas is a Veteran who served our country as an Army Combat Medic.
Join us at SPREELY if you want REAL NEWS without the leftist censorship!
Dean James at Right Wing Tribune
More 2nd Amendment:
- REPUBLICAN Congressman Warns of Political Conspiracy to Overturn the 2nd Amendment in its Entirety — and He’s Part of It
- 2nd Amendment Under Attack: NY Times Tells Big Banks to Blacklist Gun Purchasers
- Col Rob Maness Takes on 2nd Amendment Hater Rep Eric Swalwell
- Communist Vows He is Coming for YOUR Guns
- 7 Reasons to Oppose Red Flag Guns Laws
- Presidential Candidate Reveals Dems Latest Plan to Take YOUR Guns
- As Media Focused on Mass Shootings, They Ignored Liberal Chicago: So Many Weekend Gunshot Victims That a Major Hospital Had to Stop Accepting Patients