POSTED BY: DEAN JAMES
Leprosy is the most recent disease to make a comeback in the cesspool that is California a new study showed.
In 2016 former President Obama changed the law of the United States to allow immigrants with leprosy in, and now it is taking its toll.
“Leprosy, also known as Hansen’s disease, is rarely seen in the United States, but cases continue to emerge in Los Angeles County, a new report says,” Medscape reported.
“Hansen’s disease still exists, and we need to educate medical students and physicians,” Dr. Maria Teresa Ochoa of Keck Medical Center said to Reuters.
Dr. Ochoa and colleagues identified 187 patients with the disease in a review of medical records from their leprosy clinic spanning 1973 to 2018. Most patients were Latino, originating from Mexico, and they experienced a median delay in diagnosis of more than three years, the team reports JAMA Dermatology, online August 7.
Multibacillary leprosy (MB) cases outnumbered paucibacillary leprosy (PB) cases by nearly eight to one (88.6% vs. 11.4%, respectively), and Latino patients were more likely than non-Latino patients to have MB, as were patients from Central or South America (versus other regions).
Most patients (80.7%) received multidrug therapy, and most (92.6%) received antibiotics for more than two years, especially if they had MB.
Only about half of patients (56.7%) had World Health Organization (WHO) grade 0 disability (no signs or symptoms suggestive of leprosy or disability) at the one-year follow-up, whereas 16.0% had grade 1 disability (loss of protective sensation) and 26.2% had grade 2 disability (visible deformity) at the last follow-up.
Among the patients who lost protective sensation, 87.7% (50/57) did not regain it following therapy.
For some reason former President Obama thought it was a wise idea to allow immigrants with STDs and leprosy into the United States, The Washington Examiner reported.
The administration has decided to let immigrants with three sexually transmitted diseases known for causing sores or lesions on genitalia to enter the United States, an expansion of a previous decision to let in those with HIV.
The Department of Health and Human Services this month opened the borders to those with the STDs, deeming the communicable diseases not a big threat to the United States.
A report from the Centers for Immigration Studies said that HHS does not believe that the costs to taxpayers to handle the immigrants with STDs will be significant.
Now, said the Center, the list of inadmissible communicable diseases only includes syphilis, gonorrhea, tuberculosis, and leprosy.
So, thanks Obama- nice job.
Republished with permission from The Federalist Papers
Join us at SPREELY if you want REAL NEWS without the leftist censorship!
Dean James at Right Wing Tribune
More California Filth & Disease:
- Raw human sewage all over the beaches of California is the perfect metaphor for the failure of liberalism
- Food Supply Alert: Rooster Tests POSITIVE For Deadly Contagious Disease In Northern California
- Polio-Related Disease Hits California: Several Children Paralyzed
- Liberal-Run California on Brink of Becoming America’s First “Third World State”
- World’s Most Feared Illness Now Spreading in Los Angeles
- NY Times admits Democrat-run cities are unlivable. Dr. Drew predicts major epidemic in filthy Los Angeles this summer
- Outbreak Of Flea-Borne Diseases — Typhus: Los Angeles Descends Into Third World Hellscape
- All the vaccines in the world can’t stop the explosion of TYPHUS in filthy Los Angeles
- Trump SLAMS Nancy Pelosi and Her Poop-Infested San Francisco District
- Austin joins San Francisco, Los Angeles and Seattle in accelerated collapse toward third world living conditions for the homeless, impoverished masses
- San Francisco: Street Conditions Are Comparable To “The Slums Of Mumbai, Delhi, Mexico City, Jarkarta, And Manila”
- Leftists have turned San Francisco into a giant toilet filled with human feces