A New Jersey State Police spokesman said not a single large-capacity magazine has been turned in since the law went into effect nearly nine months ago. Residents can also bring them to their local police departments. Source
Well done New Jersey gun owners!
United We Stand!
There are about 1 million legal gun owners in the state of New Jersey.
In December of 2018, New Jersey passed a law to ban magazines that held more than 10 rounds.
When New Jersey’s ban on large-capacity gun magazines went into effect last December, it forced gun owners to make a decision.
Should they turn the magazines over to law enforcement? Should they modify them into compliance? Should they sell them to authorized owners or store them in another state?
Or simply ignore the law which banned magazines that have more than 10 rounds?
There are about one million gun owners in the state, which translates into a huge number of magazines.
The penalties are rather severe if one gets caught in New Jersey with a magazine that holds 10 or more rounds.
Possession of a large-capacity magazine in New Jersey can result in up to 18 months in prison and a $10,000 fine.
So where are gun owners hiding their magazines?
Some gun owners have buried their large-capacity magazines in their backyard or behind sheetrock in their garage, said Eric Rebels, a local gun rights activist and owner of GunSitters, a secure firearms storage system company.
Others are opting to store them away from their homes.
“Thousands and thousands” of large-capacity magazines are stored currently at GunSitters in Whippany, where gun owners have handed over their large-capacity magazines, taking advantage of the storage option as litigation plays out, Rebels said. Some have turned over more than 100 magazines, which are held in a 3,000-square-foot steel vault.
This is not the first time that gun owners have ignored bans in the States.
They have even started doing it overseas.
- MOLON LABE – Kiwi Style: Citizens Disobey New Zealand Gun Ban, Only 530 of 300,000 People Turned Guns In
- After Multiple Reports About New Zealanders Turning In Guns, Guess How Many Actually Did It?
That is 530 too many but, in their defense, Kiwis are new at this game…
…and if you click on the second link you will find that the 530 number may have been FAKE NEWS.
Here’s how we do it in America:
- Missouri Patriot makes “junk” guns from scrap, uses gun buyback proceeds to buy a real gun
- Minneapolis Gun Buyback Program Purchases Piece of Wood and Pipe
- NY Firearms Buyback Nets Broken BB Guns
- Millions of New Jersey Gun Owners Defy Gun Magazine Ban
- Gun supply retailers are FLOODING California with 30-round magazines, making sure patriots are armed up to defeat the communists when it all breaks loose
- Over One Million Gun Owners Refuse to Obey Ban, No One Turning in Magazines
Even in New Zealand they understand that the best protection against a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.
- Sometimes those bad guys are thugs dressed in street clothes that kill for profit.
- Other times those bad guys are politicians dressed in suits that kill for power and profit.
Either way, you are not taking our only means of self-defense until you pry them from our cold dead hands.