John Bolton’s interim replacement as National Security Advisor, Charles Kupperman, once said that the United States could take losing 20 million people in a nuclear war.
Many reacted to Bolton’s dismissal by breathing a sigh of relief that the warhawk was gone, but his temporary successor is certainly no peacenik.
During an interview with with journalist Robert Scheer in 1982, Kupperman said the U.S. could ‘win’ a nuclear war at the expense of a mere 20 million deaths.
“If the objective in a war is to try to destroy as many Soviet civilians and as many American civilians as is feasible, and the casualty levels approached 150 million on each side, then it’s going to be tough to say you have a surviving nation after that,” he said. “But depending on how the nuclear war is fought, it could mean the difference between 150 casualties and 20 million casualties. I think that is a significant difference, and if the country loses 20 million people, you may have a chance of surviving after that… I think it is possible to win… [if] it is clear after the war that one side is stronger than the other side, [then] the weaker side is going to accede to the demands of the stronger side.”
Kupperman went on to say that it would only take 15 years to rebuild society under such a scenario.
One hopes his successor doesn’t sound like from Gen. Buck Turgidson from the Dr. Strangelove, who said virtually the exact same thing in the movie.
“Mr. President, I’m not saying we wouldn’t get our hair mussed. But I do say no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh, depending on the breaks.”
Courtesy of Prison Planet
Follow on Twitter: Follow @PrisonPlanet
My voice is being silenced by free speech-hating Silicon Valley behemoths who want me disappeared forever. It is CRUCIAL that you support me.
Support my sponsor – Turbo Force – a supercharged boost of clean energy without the comedown.
- Former Imprisoned Pastor: North Korea Fears Christianity More Than Nukes
- Democrat Congressman Calls For Banning Guns – Wants To Nuke Americans Who Oppose Him
- Kerry Still Meeting With Iranian Officials To Sabotage Trump & Salvage Nuke Deal
- The Deep State Would ‘Nuke A US City’ To Murder Trump And Blame North Korea
- Barack Obama’s Future In Jeopardy: Declassification Will Show Role In Uranium One & Iran’s Nuclear Capability Advancement
- THE HIT LIST — The American Cities Russia Will Target With Hypersonic Nuclear Missiles