Sherikia Hawkins, 38, is the city clerk for Southfield, Michigan. She was honored with the Dingell/Levin Award by the Democrats at their Legacy Dinner on May 18. The Michigan Democrat was arrested for allegedly forging records and falsely marking absentee ballots as invalid. She was released on a $15,000 bond. Her next appearance will be Sept 30. (Fox)
Michigan Democrat charged
The Michigan Attorney General’s Office released a statement which reads in part:
“The charges, which stem from the Nov. 6, 2018, general election, are as follows:
- Count One. Election Law – Falsifying Returns/Records, a five-year felony and/or $1,000;
- Count Two. Forgery of a Public Record, a 14-year felony;
- Count Three. Misconduct in Office, a five-year felony and/or $10,000;
- Count Four. Using a Computer to Commit a Crime – Election Law – Falsifying Returns/Records, a seven-year felony and/or $5,000;
- Count Five. Using a Computer to Commit a Crime – Forgery of a Public Record, a 10-year felony and/or $10,000;
“When we took office, both Secretary Benson and I committed to doing everything in our power to make sure that Michigan’s elections were safe from every conceivable threat,” said Nessel. “That commitment – made to the people of this state – includes taking swift and decisive action when a public official fails to fulfill the important role that he or she plays in protecting the integrity of our elections.”
Discrepancies in the Southfield voter count were brought to the Secretary of State’s attention by the Oakland County Clerk’s office following its efforts to certify Southfield’s absentee ballots. Michigan State Police conducted a thorough investigation and determined that election records had been altered.”
Absentee ballots (193 of them) were marked as invalid for lack of signature or dates, but they were found to be correct and had no discrepancies in the post-election audit.
The Detroit Free Press reported:
“It appeared from the report that the ballot return dates for voters were added or removed from the report in order to force the reports to balance to the number of ballots tabulated for each precinct on Election Night,” the affidavit said.
When Oakland County asked for ballot reports from Southfield, “it appeared that Hawkins had switched out her original reports with the altered reports.”
Michigan officials emphatically stated that the alterations did not affect the outcome of the elections in 2018.
Hawkins also was honored by a local newspaper in 2017 while city clerk of Pontiac, Michigan.
Courtesy of Conservative Firing Line
- Chicago Democrats Caught Red-Handed Committing Election Fraud
- What Happens When You Investigate Election Fraud in Florida: The Convenient…
- County election board investigating claim that ‘tens of thousands’ of fraudulent…
- Texas Border Town Mayor Arrested for Voter Fraud
- Thousands of Illegal Voters not Just in Texas- Voter Fraud is…
- New York’s Finest: County Clerks are Fighting Back Against Attempted Leftist Vote Fraud Scam
- How Democrats have become the party of vote fraud and stolen democracy
- The Coming Democrat Vote Fraud: dead voters in Ohio; non-citizen voters in Texas; Pelosi tells Dems to be unscrupulous
- End of 1982 Consent Decree: GOP can finally contest vote fraud after 36 years
- Alabama Vote Fraud? Doug Jones Supporter Says “We Came From Different Parts of the Country”