This post originally appeared at Fellowship of the Minds
Have you wondered why the Left support and ally with radical Islam, including working actively to promote and facilitate the importation of Muslim “refugees” into Europe and the U.S.?
The explanation for that strange and unholy alliance goes beyond the adage, “the enemy of my enemy is my friend”. As pointed out by Dr. Abdessamad Belhaj, a highly regarded scholar of Islam, the Left and Islam share affinities that are structural, not accidental:
- For the Muslim migrants, the West is a source of economic goodies, including welfare.
- For Western political elites, Muslim migrants are a means toward political power (via votes); a minimum-wage immigrant workforce with “an impulse” for consumerism, which is the opiate used by the state to control the masses; and globalization, which is why the elites denigrate and oppose nationalism, especially President Trump’s championing of America First and Make America Great Again.
Here’s yet another example and illustration of of the unholy alliance of the Left and Islam: Italy’s government gives 3,700% more welfare money to “migrants” than to its own disabled citizens.
Luca Sablone reports for il Giornale.it, January 11, 2019 (Google translation into English here), that each “migrant” is given about 20 Euros (U.S. $22.04) a day — €600 or $661.11 a month — whereas disabled Italian citizens get only 54 cents (€o.54 or $0.60) a day (€16.2o or $18 a month).
Note: By my calculation, “migrants” receive 3,700% more financial aid than disabled Italians.
There are about 3 million disabled people in Italy, 2 million of whom receive disability benefits or a pension. “In some cases, a monthly disability benefit of €1,000 does not allow us to lead a dignified life.”
According to the Jan. 11, 2019 edition of Libero, the government’s draft Budget Law included a Disability and Self-Reliance Fund, which allots €50 million for the year 2020, €200 million for 2021, and €300 million per year beginning 2022. Dividing this figure by Italy’s 3 million “non-ambulatory” disabled, that means the financial aid for every disabled person is 54 Euro-cents per day (€16.2 a month), which is insufficient to pay for even basic needs like transport or clothing.
Although Deputy Prime Minister Matteo Salvini, a Euroskeptic and member of the Northern League political party, reduced the welfare given to “migrants” from €35 to €21-22 a day, the gap between the financial aid given to “migrants” and that given to disabled Italians is still “truly absurd”.
- Minnesota: Muslim Migrants Arrested & Charged With Sending Drones to Hezbollah
- Sweden Makes It LEGAL for Jihadist Migrants to Leave with the Intent of Committing Acts of Terrorism, Then Return
- What the…? The UN head of global communications says America has no right to protect its own borders and that migrants should be permitted to cross if they want