(TNS) Former New Jersey governor and 2016 presidential contender Chris Christie said Democrats’ irrational and unfounded drive to impeach President Donald Trump could cost them three congressional seats in his blue home state next year.
“You know what’s happening in blue New Jersey, a very blue state. Jeff Van Drew switches from Democrat to Republican, from the majority party to the minority party in the middle of impeachment because of impeachment,” Christie told ABC’s “This Week” program on Sunday.
“Andy Kim, who won his seat two years ago, is now losing to Katie Gibbs, his Republican challenger. And Tom Malinowski is losing to Tom Kaine Jr., the son of the former governor,” he added.
You could wind up flipping three seats back in New Jersey two years later in this race, and I think impeachment is a large part of it, at least it is in New Jersey, where Donald Trump’s approval rating is in the high 30s.”
— Jon Dougherty (@JonDougherty10) December 30, 2019
Question: Where else in blue America is this occurring? Remember, there are 31 Democrats, most of whom supported their party’s impeachment of Trump, who must defend themselves next year in districts the president won.
- Joe Biden Favors Impeachment But REFUSES to Testify at Senate Trial. Why?
- New GOP Rep Jeff Van Drew Spills the Beans — Dems Ordered Me to ‘Obey’ and Vote for Impeachment (Video)
- As “Christianity Today” Endorses Trump’s Impeachment, Remember That They Are Funded by George Soros
- Trump Has NOT Been Impeached and Power Tripping Pelosi is Guilty of “Obstruction of Congress”
- Vladmir Putin: Impeachment is ‘far-fetched, made-up’ and Will Fail in The Senate
Courtesy of The National Sentinel
- We need your help to grow, pure and simple. Share our stories, make sure to tell your friends about this site, and click the red bell in the right corner for push notifications.
GOT SOMETHING TO SAY? COMMENT BELOW
Your Daily Briefing:
Fight Online Censorship!
Get the news Google and Facebook don't want you to see: Sign up for DC Clothesline's daily briefing and do your own thinking!