Common Core has been a highly controversial educational system for years.
Education seems to be in a harsh decline because of it.
- College entrance test scores collapse across America as dumbed-down liberal education system teaches “social justice” instead of thinking skills
Florida has taken a stand for their children and has officially eliminated common core in Sunshine State schools.
Here’s more from WTTV:
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Common Core will no longer be common in Florida classrooms, Gov. Ron DeSantis announced Friday.
“Florida has officially eliminated Common Core,” DeSantis said in a statement. “I truly think this is a great next step for students, teachers, and parents.”
The Florida Department of Education recently announced its new proposed standard to replace Common Core curriculum.. The new standards are called Florida B.E.S.T., which stands for Benchmarks for Excellent Student Thinking.
“We’ve developed clear and concise expectations for students at every grade level and allow teachers the opportunity to do what they love most – inspire young Floridians to achieve their greatest potential,” DeSantis said.
Florida Commissioner of Education Richard Corcoran said the proposed standards remove Florida from the “confines” of Common Core.
“Florida will be the first state in the nation with an ELA booklist that spans grades K-12, the first state in the nation with a civics booklist embedded in its ELA standards, and a state that has dropped the crazy math,” Corcoran said in a statement.
Corcoran said he is recommending the State Board of Education adopt the standards on Feb. 12.
Why on earth would they replace common core?
There are too many stories to list them all here, but here are a few cases against it.
- Follow the Money: Obama’s $65 Million Book Deal Followed $350 Million Common Core Contract to His New Publisher
- 3 Examples That Show How Common Core Is Destroying Math Education In America
- School Ditches Common Core Then Soars to #1 in English Language Arts
- Common Core Failure: U.S. Kids Rank 31st of 35 Developed Nations in Math
- Common Core Book Publishing Manager: I Hate Kids – Common Core is All About Selling Books and Making Money
- Chinese Immigrant Mother: Common Core is Same Communist Core I Saw in China
Whatever happened to reading, writing and arithmetic?
Now our public school kids are inundated with educational agendas that are more intent on political and cultural brainwashing than educating them in math, reading and writing.
Well done Florida!
Here’s hoping more states will follow.