POSTED BY: DINO PORRAZZO
Fayetteville, Arkansas – Simon Saw-Teong Ang, 63, of Fayetteville, Arkansas, was arrested on Friday on charges related to Wire Fraud. The complaint and complaint affidavit were unsealed this evening after Ang’s initial appearance in court.
In the one-count complaint, Ang was charged with one count of Wire Fraud. The complaint charges that Ang had close ties with the Chinese government and Chinese companies, and failed to disclose those ties when required to do so in order to receive grant money from NASA. These materially false representations to NASA and the University of Arkansas resulted in numerous wires to be sent and received that facilitated Ang’s scheme to defraud.
If convicted, Ang faces a statutory maximum punishment of 20 years in prison. If convicted, Ang’s sentence will be determined by the court after review of factors unique to this case, including Ang’s prior criminal record (if any), Ang’s role in the offense and the characteristics of the violations.
The FBI is investigating the case.
Scroll down to leave a comment!
Join us at SPREELY if you want REAL NEWS without the leftist censorship!
Also join us at MUMBLIT!
Join me on Twitter!
- China discovers new coronavirus strain that “lasts for 49 days”
- Did China cover up the deaths of MILLIONS from coronavirus?
- China locks down city of 11 million as infections spread; Sweden death rate surges past USA and Switzerland as “non-lockdown” approach disintegrates
- China sympathizer and WHO director Tedros Ghebreyesus was ranking member of violent Communist movement in Ethiopia
- Why are Democrats including Adam Schiff blaming President Trump for coronavirus — are they getting Chinese campaign donations?
- China now facing its own food crisis… is a food collapse also coming soon to the USA?