Four out of 10 GOP senators uniting with Democrats to support new gun control measures are retiring and five others are not up for reelection until 2026.
“[N]one of the 10 who endorsed Sunday’s deal was facing voters this year. The group included four Republican senators who are leaving Congress at the end of the year — Roy Blunt of Missouri, Richard Burr of North Carolina, Rob Portman of Ohio and Patrick J. Toomey of Pennsylvania — and five who are not up for re-election for another four years: Mr. Cornyn, Thom Tillis of North Carolina, Bill Cassidy of Louisiana, Susan Collins of Maine and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina. Senator Mitt Romney of Utah will face voters in 2024,” the New York Times reports.
Of the 10 Republican senators supporting a bipartisan deal on gun safety, four are leaving Congress at the end of the year and five are not up for re-election for another four years. Only Mitt Romney of Utah will face voters in 2024. https://t.co/ERcK7TwGwY pic.twitter.com/q3YKb1MZlx
— The New York Times (@nytimes) June 12, 2022
They’re stabbing their own voters in the back because they know they won’t face any repercussions for it.
This is our “democracy.”
- Police Stage Mass Arrest of Right-Wingers Protesting “LGBTQIA+ Pride” Event in Idaho
- California State Sen. Weiner wants to make drag shows mandatory for school kids
- Because Too Many Black Women Are Overweight, University of Illinois-Chicago Wants to Equate the Word “Obesity” with Racism…
- Sudden Adult Death Syndrome is the new name for vaccine deaths in the medical establishment’s play-pretend reality
- Doctors sue FDA for campaigning against use of ivermectin to treat COVID-19